L1's Garage

Madness. I saw at least 5 people almost get ran over.

FTFY!

http://opengarages.org/handbook/ebook/

cool shit

2 Likes

actually the 5.0 is one bad ass engine

Would be even more bad ass once the engine is rebuilt properly. And upgraded with better fuel injectors. But the pain is reprogramming the air to fuel ratio and sometimes the transmission. So that you get the parameters correct. You cannot just drop injectors. You can go from 13mpg highway to maybe 18-20mpg on the high end. And that is with the right gearing and drivetrain. And good luck if it’s an obd1 from the 80’s.

I like the Ford 5.0 but only from a “how fast can your dollar go” perspective.

It doesn’t cost that much to do it yourself. A proper fuel injector upgrade could easily be 1,500$ to have a tech do it.

Lmao

I am looking at throwing 1000cc squirters in my miata for 400

Add 500$ plus an engine rebuild if it’s a high mileage engine.

Ive got a great question.

Does E85 realllly need an injector upgrade on a stock tune? Shouldnt injectors easily be able to do 12:1

Depends on the car. Some of them need it. Some don’t.

Yeah my focus didnt need the upgrade… In fact E85 fuel doesnt mind lean conditions like gasoline does. It also burns much cooler so lean isnt as much of a worry with E85 as rich. Rich is bad with alcohol in my opinion as cylinder wash can be a thing

Ooof the sounds of these…

I wish we could mimic the rumbling sounds of old… I love the slow rumble tumble

302 Will ALWAYS be my favorite block of all time

1 Like

So michelin what happens when it freezes or ice forms in the spaces?

2 Likes

Old news, only available for golf carts, utvs and other equipment, not passenger cars

2 Likes

Ive decided upon an elegant idea. A duel fuel CNG powered car… And a large compressed tank in the backyard for fill up… 700+ mile range on the truck with CNG (big tank truck bed toolbox) and a extended E85 fuel tank for the duel fuel in case I’d have to switch over.

Lol I’ve realized it also avoids a fuel tax funny enough … Prolly could get people in trouble but i m an engineer I could create a system that runs off my own gas line to fill my truck up… Its clean burning and would meet emissions no problem. … He he

Its an american fuel they can’t get mad at me right :joy:

Curious. @MisteryAngel how proliferate are CNG (not LPG or PAG) vehicles in Europe… Like common place or no?

Just a slight vibration

We don’t have manny cng cars on our roads i think.
But we do have lpg, which is still pretty cheap to drive.

The Subaru 2.0 diesel has like 150HP or 170HP or so.
In terms of power not too bad.
It got a new engine, so its likely not that reliable indeed.

I’m likely going to stick with a petrol car.
Since older reliable diesel cars are not allowed in most cities anymore.

Maybe i’m going for a BMW 3 series or maybe a Mercedes C class.

Well that’s why I mentioned the CNG conversion. Its so clean burning it maybe able to snag a euro 6 recert sticker not sure if you can do that in Europe like we can with emissions in the united states…

I’ll be honest between a BMW3 and a mercedes C class I would take the Mercedes as its so much nicer of a ride. The BMW3 will be much more young and springy and fast though… So its a trade off…

I am waiting for the nuclear hybrid electric car…

Im thinking 1 induction motor per wheel