L1's Garage

honestly 112 is plenty and i would imagine most volvos arent tracked

You’ve clearly never driven state to state in the southwest.

I do it every year or so. CA -> AZ, and I can easily get going at a good clip (125mph or so, depending on traffic and weather) with no problems at all. The roads are wonderful.

@Steinwerks

1 Like

Is that legal? I was not aware there was any no limit places except like 1 place in texas i think(maybe that was just crazy high speedlimit)

Define “legal”

2 Likes

Whats the posted speed limit?

Oh, usually 75 or 80.

Cops don’t care though. I mean, I’ve passed cops doing 110 before and they don’t even blink.

While it is fun to drive at those speeds (Mississippi to PA in 350z when i was 19) its not needed and 112 is honestly plenty (I am sure if you really wanted you could turn off the gov chip)

It is nice do do San Diego to Phoenix in 4 hours.

I suppose “not needed” is technically true, but it’s a damn shame. They build cars that can handle more and then gimp them from the factory? hah

1 Like

I wouldnt want the average driver doing 80 let alone 112+

This make you feel better?

I think that says something about drivers ed or the license test, not the vehicles.

I’ve always been an advocate for raising the bar.

2 Likes

This is actually pretty much my dream car at the moment lol

So yes.

1 Like

I am fine with that maybe with autonomous driving only weird people like me who like to drive will

Had tons of fun driving little economy 4 banger on mountain roads in South NZ island.

2 Likes

I think we’re at least a decade out from usable autonomous driving. In the mean time, what do we do?

(buy the AMG GT R, of course)

I have been debating buying an R35 but can justify the money (also only auto i would buy)

1 Like

AMG GT R

I’m still on this.

I’ll eventually have the money for buying this sort of thing. But that’ll be like 10 years out. What’s going to be out there 10 years from now, if we’ve got these monsters today?!

I’m hoping things like the new Tesla Roadster get less expensive.

They tested the R35 vs the R8 and the R8 blew the doors off the R35 in everything except 0-60 time. Especially driver comfort.

Watch 10 years later no gas cars not getting at least 40mpg being allowed to be sold driving up the price of that used

I’d be okay with electric if it’s affordable, reliable and fun.

Give me an option to turn off traction control, disable the front motor and do burnouts and donuts. That’s the only way I’d buy an AWD electric vehicle.

1 Like

I just dont like the R8s looks and it wouldn’t be a good DD. Also dont really care about raw performance when its that far up the performance slope.

1 Like