L1's Garage

Here’s my update on the 00 coupe RD2 (2.0L)

Still stripping everything

Got some new parts too :smiley:

1 Like

Damn, seems a shame to rip apart such a good example, but it is just a shitbox.

Jep but for 350,- i-am not afraid to rip a shitbox apart with violence
(keeping the nice parts of course)

Any tips on how to remove the black (almost plastic like) sound insulation?
Its really stuck…

1 Like

Black rubberized material? I think the solution for that was ice.

1 Like

it’s below 0c for quite some time now but it feels more like hard molded plastic.
Not like rubber at all.
Can see some indentations of cables here and there so it can be soft i guess?

2 Likes

Nice, using thermal shrinking properties of the shitmaterial and steel… smart.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s pretty cool.

The chemical adhesion also breaks down at low temperatures.

2 Likes

Tell me you’ve heard of the double unicorn stagea

Dry ice and a hammer.

Stageas are cool but they aren’t legal here yet lol.

I’m also aware that ‘JDM YO’ isn’t the most important factor I just happen to love Nissan’s.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Yes, i looked up that video (actually no, i think it was featured on hoonigan) a few weeks ago :smiley:

Been forced into bringing my WRX out of winter storage early as the TPS on my truck is on the verge of failing, cutting throttle while trying to drive pretty fucking dangerous Tbh.

Was gonna do it myself but I realized I can’t do it without taking off the throttle body. I can’t be bothered to do that in this weather I was waiting for it to get nicer but now it’s a pretty big issue can’t put it off anymore.

1 Like

Harley is being weird again. The first one looks like a baja minibike to me. The bars and frame shape.

1 Like

What the fuck is that…

3 Likes

Did some stuff with my truck today.
I swapped my modded throttle body butterfly valve that used to be in my black 99 Blazer. I ran the engine for a while to have some heat, but my fingers were still freaking freezing during all that. Well worth it though.

Modified one on the left.

I also called around to get quotes for the ECU reflashed over to manual, and I was very disappointed when the only place around me that could do everything I wanted would charge $400. RIP man, the dealer only quoted $120, but they wouldn’t remove the speed limiter.

Fortunately I have a buddy that knew a guy that could do it for $175. The program he has charges $100 to unlock an ECU, but next time I want something done it’ll just be labor, so $75 I guess. Which isn’t too bad since this ECU will run my 5.3L LS (same ECU as the full size trucks), and when I swap that in I’ll probably get it programmed a few times.

Also muh parking area…

6 Likes

You still have room for mooore…

3 Likes

When he does the impression of his kiddo. LUL
1 Like

I’m not sure that computer will work with coil packs and the extra cylinders. Not enough outputs.

There’s a main Napa store here that is/was able to flash computers. I had a Silverado ecm flashed with the manual firmware, I think it was $50 or $75. This was 12 years ago though. Damn its been a long time…

Also this