L1's Garage

yeah this thing is junk. Not sure why he even offered. Ebay overfenders aren’t even lined up right, wheels don’t have proper fitment. It’s an 02 so it’s got a weaker transmission and the 2.0 instead of the 2.5 like mine. I’d have to be daft.

Told him I’d be interested in an R32 GTST or a 240SX I wonder what he’s gonna say lmao.

Ah you want an RB20? :smiley:

i’d rb25 swap it later but the GTST is the same value as my car here in the states. it’s a good stepping off point to get into a R32 and the most cost effective. it’s cheaper in the states to start with a gtst and upgrade it with imported parts.

1 Like

Lol looks like it…

It is a cute little engine though, though in a 32 with turbo, they go reasonably well…

Once upon a time me and a mate dropped RB30DE in an HC vaxhuall viva ( '79 ) that thing was absolutely insane, borderline undrivable lol

1 Like

Well yeah kinda depends i guess.
a R32 with RB25 swap is of course nice and you can really modify and tune them well.
But i´m not sure if its really better then what you currently have.
I mean your WRX has a nice 2.5 engine which also has some tuning headroom.
And you have a great 4wd system.
Which an R32 GTST doesnt have, its not a R32 GTR godzilla for that matter.

1 Like

Yeah putting allot of HP in a car is fun.
But of course you should also be able to get it on the asphalt.

That’s true…

But if he went with a 32 gts4 then from memory the 4wd system is relay controlled, and he could have 4wd at the flick of a switch… And the stock gearbox (provided manual) is good for an rb25 with the 20’s old turbo system brought over…

It would be low boost compared to a outright 25det swap, but you retain the 4wd system, and it’s cheaper for parts…

2 Likes

Unfotunately only a gtr is a 4wd as far as i know.
gtst´s are rwd only.

No he’s right about the GTS4 but i rarely see those i’ve only heard about them.

1 Like

Ah maybe i missed on that one then.

I thought that GTS4 just stands for 4 door non turbo.
But i might be wrong on that.

The gts4’s are aswell…

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Unknown-Warrior-Skyline-GTS4&A=109199

:wink:

1 Like

I know that a R33 GTS4 is just a R33 4 door sedan NA. :slight_smile:

TBH you could probably import one on the cheap…

You don’t see many cause most people just assume the same a mistery did, so alot of people don’t bother with them…

I’d never even heard of them till my mate got one… Less than 100k miles, no rust, only needed new brake pads and rotors ( worn to steel on steel) for 4k NZD…

It’s possible the 32 was the last one then? Not sure on that…

1 Like

i’m not sure either my knowlege lies mostly with the R32s.

Could very well be the case yes.
I personally don´t know all the ins n outs about cars.
But i know a couple of people who have a bunge of skyline’s.

Cool cars, allthough in terms of looks a Supra is also cool.

But i personally like Italian cars a bit more. :slight_smile:

The Alfa Romeo Giullia Q, such a nice machine. :slight_smile:

The GTS4 is an overweight R32 GTS-T with the RB20.

I have heard that the AWD system in them is nowhere near as strong as that in the GTR.

(i live in australia and R32/R33/R34 skylines are common here).

I would not buy a GTS4 personally - parts are limited and you’re better off just either buying a GTS-T (lighter weight, pretty durable, parts cheap and the little RB20 revs its tits off) or spending a bit more on a full GT-R.

If you’re looking for an “almost Godzilla” look for a Stagea RS4, or even better an 260RS.

The RS4 has an RB25DET (with vvt) with AWD in a wagon
The 260RS is a limited run wagon with full R33 GTR running gear underneath.

A Stagea would be fucking hilarious in the states, even a modified RS4. Barely anyone will know what it is. That said if i was looking for a low key import over there I’d be chasing (lol) a JZX100 Chaser. 2JZ in a sedan… The 2JZ (or even a 1JZ) is a much better motor than the RB, and i say that as a former nissan owner and GTR fan. Better oil galleries, stronger block (harder iron, ribbed, other design features that make it simply stronger).

All that aside. If you’re coming from a WRX (or even better, an STi) - i just wouldn’t. The subaru is better made, they’re smaller, lighter, sportier, and you can get plenty of power out of the EJ motor. Parts will be MUCH easier to source. And your own car is a car you know the quirks of, etc. A change over will result in a new set of issues for you to chase down.

2c. WRXs are great. Just because they aren’t “JDM yo!” isn’t something to be concerned about. Going from a WRX to a GTS-T or GTS4 R32 would be a step backwards.

2 Likes

I reallly like the looks of Mercs,
much better than Audi or BMW

1 Like

Agree.

@SoulFallen I thought your ad mentioned rust.

Anyways, with that tiny amount, I’d say you could probably get 11.