L1's Garage

Good ones can still be had for 15k, question is do you want to race… or do you want to race for wins at the national level? If you want to win at the ST level you have to be very good natural shoe or spend a couple of years honing your skills until your current car is holding you back. Then to win the Runoffs… you had better have a good 30 to 40k build with stout legal motor and know the track its going to be at well.

1 Like

I’ve started considering a hybrid to replace my Si. That way I can afford a faster bike… The Si is fun and all but my fz09 is faster/more fun than 90% of the cars on the road.

2 Likes

You want something faster than the FZ09?

1 Like

or to make the fz09 faster. either works. stock its 11’s in the ¼ with the right rider.

Hmm, that seems a lot more meh than I thought.

Like most bikes its difficult to launch and the FZ09 is worse than typical because its kinda short wheelbase/high. The bread and butter is 40+ where the front wheel stops trying to hit you in the face and you can put all the power down.

It’s really only in the 11’s? The launch really must be a problem, even my vfr can hit low 11’s. Thing only makes 100hp and weighs 550lbs.

It looks like if you do a couple of simple mods and get really good on the launch you can do higher 10s

1 Like

not bad. got overtime last week. little slow for winter atm. not a lot of cold or snow so far.

it’s nice having a truck that you’re pretty much the only driver though. boss doesn’t care too much what little extras i throw on, plan to spruce up the lighting package, and make some additional storage for like wood blocks or other cribbing, and free up space in the boxes.

sees fellow car enthusiasts posting pro auto

Cries Manuals are more fun

Runs away crying
-%20tears%2C%20run%2C%20Mio%20Naganohara

2 Likes

I’m pro-auto:

1. With the 3 I can easily go into manual mode and play if I want
  2. I have ankle issues and in some cases foot issues
  3. I live in the Atlanta area, no frackin way I want a stick

For item 2 I think there would have been 5 times in the past 10 years I would not have been able to drive. 3 of them have been ankle sprains… 1 was a nasty big toe stubbing where I couldn’t put much weight on the right foot and the final time was a decent chunk of a cut needing 8 stitches right where the ball would have been to shift.

Like 20 years ago manuals were superior in most cars, but automatics have come a long way since then.

1 Like

4 Likes

I feel attacked

1 Like

There’s a massive differents between clicking a button and mechanically engaging/disengaging gears. Not to mention the satisfacation of make a perfect shift/launch.
You can also ride the clutch to stay in the powerband when shifting.

There’s a lot to do with a manual which makes it more fun for some, and bothersome for others.

I don’t blame anyone for preferring autos, but as a manual enthusiast it makes me sad to see them clearly dying.

2 Likes

Ah, but you see I said more fun, not better. :wink:
I know autos are better.

1 Like

right that’s why they’ve even taken over drag racing applications

Oh wait. They haven’t

this is bait

Look, what you wear while you race is completely up to you.

Oh, man. I don’t think I can handle much more. This is like me owning a really sweet pet, that I love to death, and every one around me is telling me to put it down.

My heartstrings they feel… They feel so much.

Edit: Hmm, that makes sense in my head…