L1's Garage

meanwhile in WRX land… trying to find new JDM headlights is not easy found these but it’s a fucking grand
https://www.vividracing.com/jdm-subaru-sti-headlights-0607-p-19884.html

waaatttt

Wouldn’t JDM be a pain in the balls over there because they aim the wrong way, i.e., into oncoming traffic’s eyes, and away from the side of the road you are closest to?

The drivers position compensates that. All it take to go into oncoming traffic while driving on the right side is a little push to the left.

I think you’re not quite understanding what hes saying. The beam pattern is setup for those that drive on the left side of the road meaning there is likely a bias for brighter light on the left where there isnt normally any traffic. Where as here there would be. I think it could be adjusted out of it but what do I know?

1 Like

They’re adjustable. I haven’t noticed a bias with my USDM lights it’s fairly even and wide spread.

are they projectors or reflectors on the USDM?

Projectors

:man_shrugging: idk then. I though most modern cars did have a bias.

2 Likes

Well it’s an 06 projectors were fairly new in Cars. It’s not super defined like modern projectors are

Good quality knock off snorkel hit the market, taking a $350 imported snorkel down to $98 shipped- fomo hit.
Painful drilling holes…

EAF points aquired.

4 Likes

Lmao…

4 Likes

dammit

I could waste too much time watching that shit.

4 Likes

Don’t you want to learn more about Dougs unique quirks and features?

4 Likes

Cleaned the shop a bit and started prepping to reassemble the axle. Still need to clean the housing, order the traction bars and I might find a better set of caliper brackets as the ones I have are pretty crusty.

1 Like

Even non projector lights from the 70s are set up with bias…

But modern 90s onward cars have housings for the lights that I believe are biased.

They’re adjustable but not sure if you can adjust to get the bias out. You can typically adjust them up and down but the beam shape will still probably be wrong, because the internals of the housing are probably a different shape.

You’ll find out soon enough when you try to adjust them.

Edit

See here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp

1 Like

Let me just add this POS to my harem.

1 Like

Damn, $350? I can’t imagine anything would work on that thing.

1 Like

So busted even the windshield is completely opaque

1 Like

Well, if the stars and planets align, my sister will actually buy my car off of me on Friday.
Then I can go an get Chevy Colorado financed. Jaysus.
The Colorado extended cab for $24K is perfect for me. Rarely have passengers besides my little niece and nephew and they will fit just fine in the back.

2 Likes