L1's Garage

New clutch friction and drive plates, springs, right crankcase, gasket, bolts, pins, chain and sprockets. All thats left to arrive are the chain and sprockets this week and then the crankcase god knows when. OEM backorder. They claim end of next week. I guess Ill find out. I wants my bike back on the road pls.

I am quite happy I had a spare outer clutchbacket. Those things are expensive and not on ebay rn. 300 OEM priced. The inner hub I stole out of a 99 vfr.

O AND @TeckMonster I SAW A GEO! lolol, thing was going 20 in a 50 and I didnt even care. He was waving people to go by him.

3 Likes

Haha. There must have been something seriously wrong with it. They will do 80 as long as there’s absolutely no incline, and no head on wind.

There was a day when the wind was blowing super hard, and I was driving it to you into it. Yeah… I couldn’t get it over 65, and I even had it in 3rd.
I also raced another Geo for a about 2 miles, and the law wasn’t broken haha.

1 Like

Ha, that’s great. I’m not sure what was wrong with it at all. It didn’t have any immediate “oshit” signs. No magic smoke. It gave me a good laugh by going so slow though. First time I had seen one in the wild.

Odd. I wonder if you’re going to start seeing them every where now. Where I live I see one at leas once a week.

It could be a case of being ignorant to it until suddenly you know what it is. Ive had that happen to a few cars. (And all bikes when I suddenly wanted to get one.)

1 Like

I can relate to suddenly seeing what I never noticed until I own one. Since I bought and started driving the Grumman Kurbmaster I see them all over the place, mainly UPS, some Purolator, and some Canada Post.

4 Likes

How’s that coming along?

I saved a couple hundred by finally figuring out how to fix my Logitech MOMO Racing Force feedback wheel.
I was all set to buy a new wheel tomorrow and gave it one last effort.

I have been trying to fix this problem that many other have had for years. Gradually the wheel would drift off center. It appeared to be a driver issue. But it was a hardware fix buried in one line of a forum that took years to find. I had to take it apart, remove the fingernail sized optical sensor chip and clean it with alcohol.

Now I am remembering what a pain in the butt is is to set up in many of the games I want to play. At least it works well in Wreckfest. So glad I didn’t waste money to buy a new Thrustmaster TMX that I will probably rarely use.

2 Likes

So tell me: do you have a seat setup for it, or did you Jerry rig something, or do you just use a table? I’m trying to come up with a good setup for my wheel.

1 Like

I had a jerry rig setup that worked well but threw it away. I had a bedroom end table and removed the doors and drawers and built a stand for the pedals so I could race in the F1 - Feet higher than my butt position.

My computer is an HTPC and now I am using my new coffee table. I have to figure out a better way to use my office chair instead of the sofa. I may raise it on concrete blocks for now because it’s too low.

1 Like

Fixed the timing. It was far to advanced. But I lost some low end grunt…at least it’s not pinging any more. I have to research the propane carb system to see if maybe it was running lean at higher rpm rather than too much advance. I have a wide band O2 sensor but no place to insert it. Maybe one day I’ll weld in a cross-over and a bung. I’m quite happy with how it’s turned out. I’m getting lousy mileage but that’s to be expected with a large brick for a body. Fuel propane is costing about 37 cents per kilometer. My ranger gets 17 liter/100km, ~ 17 mpg [Canadian] gasoline and fuel costs are about 17 cents/km.

1 Like

cant wait to install this monster

:heart_eyes:

(the verticooler)

3 Likes

top mounted oil filter

you must be the happiest man alive, you lucky bastard xD

1 Like

lol

with my civic, it’s on the back of the engine and you can’t see it that well, so you just have to reach around for it, and twist until you get a a load of oil running down your arm.

laaame!!!

i know on the accord, you can just turn your wheel all the way left and its right there behind the wheel on the passenger side

Yeah, glad I don’t drive a civic. :stuck_out_tongue:

How long did it take to completely drain it? Did it smoke afterwards?

1 Like

By the way, I’ve worked on Audis with top-mounted oil filters. I’d rather have them bottom mounted, because remember what happens when you apply gravitational forces to a liquid.

As soon as you unscrew it, oil comes gushing out and drips down the entire front of the engine. With a bottom-mount, it just falls onto the ground/pan.

2 Likes

oh, the oil pan is always drained by that time. It’s just a short trickle down the engine. No smoke that I’m aware of.

That’s what I was thinking as well, pretty much as soon as I posted I went “oh, hang on…”

1 Like