L1's Garage

Added a little edit.

Jumping in.

1 Like

What you need is a GC8 with an EJ255 or EJ257 swap. Imagine your car, except about 300 pounds lighter stock. Don’t even need to remove the back seat…

I’ve ridden in a rally-spec GC8 before. It was exciting.

3 Likes

Just watched a couple, not a huge fan of it, but it seems like decent content. It’s just not really my style…

Watching his channel along with Taylor Ray and Jimmy Oakes has given me a lot of confidence in working on my own car where a few years ago I was too afraid of breaking shit. I’ve also learned a lot in bits and pieces how car stuff works by watching them work on their cars. I feel confident I could build an engine at this point and would like to try it some day.

1 Like

Yeah, I think part of it is literally just having the guts to jump in.

I didn’t really watch much car build style content, but I bought the Miata, made a wishlist and went to town on it.

1 Like

It may not be >300HP but at least it’s not a slow 4cyl

2 Likes

I’m the kind of person where I feel the need to be 90% there knowledge wise before I try something. I hate the feeling of stumbling over things because I’m lost or unsure.

1 Like

Yeah, but the feeling of accomplishment when you figure it out, get it back together and go destroy a set of tires is second to none.

1 Like

word.

I’m some what like that. I do a bunch of research then jump in, but before I did anything on something I cared about I rebuilt a Geo engine which was a very good learning experience.

1 Like

I wonder if they could fab a catback for my car. Or at least a midpipe. I can find headers and mufflers online, but nothing in between.

You near Canton Ohio?

Not even close.

Then probably not lol I don’t think Mike is going to want to custom fab something without the car, too many intricacies.

@SgtAwesomesauce this is right up my ally, you might like it.
Time stamped.

1 Like

Are you saying you didnt care about the Geo!? BLASPHEMY SIR

1 Like

Feeling a little attached to motorcycle sized engines are we? haha

1 Like

I have half a mind to find myself a honda beat and put a Hayabusa engine into it.

1 Like

Yes!!! Or a Suzuki Cappuccino.

The cappuccino’s are recent with the import laws no? I remember hearing they were stupid expensive rn