L1's Garage

Guys check this out

https://products.rivian.com/

They have come very far finally… I’d dig an electric truck …400 miles… Superchargeable

3 Likes

Truth. Put in a can on the IS250 specifically due to this. Want to fudge with the 7th port injector + some of my tuning/mod days tricks to inject from there more often to reverse some of the build up.

Tell me more about the IS250… engine wise and fuel delivery

It looks cool and I’m not opposed to electric in general, but price is still a big issue. If it didn’t start at $72,500 I’d be down. Like sure, you don’t have to buy gas, but the total bill (car payment + gas) for me with my truck is about $750 a month in the expensive part of the year. Assuming there is $0 tax and $0 licensing/registration fees and electricity was free, my payment would still be at least $1,000 a month for a $72K vehicle if I’m doing the math correctly.

Now… get that price down to about 55K to 60k and I’d be down.

1 Like

250 is a 2.5 v6 DI. IS350 is a 3.5 with both port and DI. But surprise surprise what is old and out of fashion is popular again- cold start 7th injector on the 250. Apparently DI and cold starts don’t mix well. Shouldn’t be too much of a ‘hack’ to find a way to pulse the 7th more and more and let the DI ones reduce in duty cycle and hopefully clean up the ports some.

So i got my two AWD Su(zuki)baru Justys,

The white one i managed to get for 800,- and the parts justy (green) for 200,-
The white justy is in very good shape rust wise for its age!
However it has been lowered and one strut is leaking and bouncing around.
Good thing i’ve got the parts justy.

Took out all the stupid subwoofers and cables

managed to sell it for 65,-

Took suspension out of the parts justy and did some cleanup, rust prevention, painting and lubing.
Also the antenna that was broken on the white justy.

I’ll put them in today hopefully.

Here’s the parts justy, it has rodknock because of overheating but the entire drivetrain has not even seen 1k Km’s

2 Likes

Yesss! I love Suzuki Swifts! I most definitely will be looking forward to more updates. What engines do those have in them? Either of those have the 1.3 DOHC?

WTF it looks like your using those draws as Jack stands, I guess the car is light enough. Haha /s

2 Likes

You are correct, but don’t worry it’s 6 pieces of thick wood nice dutch quality drawers.
the middle one (in the back) has some bricks in it just in case…

That’s very nice to hear, i might make a topic for it then.
No these justys have the 1.3L 68HP sohc engines.

3 Likes

I present to you!

1 Like

I’ll make a section in the 1st post to link to threads like yours when I get a chance.

Rip my plans to import a Cappuccino. I feel like it’s price is going to go up.

Great video though.

Final episode.

I do really like these trips Gears & Gasoline have taken.

Does anyone know how to make the yellow ribbon on a QSP steering wheel yellow again? mine has faded to black on some parts.

And how to make such a steering wheel look good again? the Suede? is very flat now.

I am fricken loving this… All my car friends… @SgtAwesomesauce @MisteryAngel @kewldude007 (only cuz you live on a farm) @TeckMonster

Check this little oil competition this guy has going. Its pretty practical. Im curious to see who will win

Im calling pennzoil out does redline in the next one… Not surprised lucas lost.

very surprised about the aussie oil

Also his channels pretty funny sometimes… worth watching!

I just trow whatever oil i can get locally in my car.
Because it’s just a VAG car lol.

1 Like

I assumed so. I like to keep my vehicles for 300k+ miles so for me every bit of top notch maintenance work done myself that I can do… I do

I personally hate waste and its why I do not buy new cars. Just used even if they take a bit of work. Id love a new one but I always come back to the waste proposition… why waste lol

I recently dropped in 2 liters of Valvoline oil 10W40 into my car.
But i found some white sludge in the engine.
So i guess that my engine isn’t really in a great state anymore lol.

So yeah i trow whatever reasonable oil i can find in the car.
I will get rid of it this year anyway.

head gasket leaking coolant into the oil system, which is not good. … If it is condensation, it is generally minimal moisture in the system and heat can help burn it off. Did you overheat her recently?

No it never overheats.
But it does use some oil i guess.

Strange to have white sludge. its near summer time. That rarely happens in the winter and I live in an alpine climate