L1's Garage

Awesome!
I’ll go get myself one.

1 Like

I got a P1153 code
the code page says it’s pretty important to get it fixed.

1 Like

So is that the same as an O2 sensor? It seems to do the same.

1 Like

maybe? lastime I got a evap/o2 error I replaced fuel filter which seemed to clear the code

I’m gonna clear the code and see if it comes back

1 Like

Did my 100k milestone maintenance on the regular cab 5 speed Tacoma.

Changed my transmission fluid, don’t think it was ever done the difference was night and day and it goes into gear 3x easier it’s insane. This is how much metal was in the cap

Also did the spark plugs, which had been done previously as they weren’t OEM. They were gapped to .4in one was at .5… they’re supposed to be .44. Felt a mild power difference but mostly the engine runs a lot quieter now.

4 Likes

My parents have a combustion Kona.

If I end up going for a new car within the next couple of years a Kona is probably within my top 3 right now. It’s a great car, and the combustion version I think is a very reasonable price.

2 Likes

Hopefully those plugs were the only things bubba’d by a previous owner.

2 Likes

Honestly, I even think the ev version is a reasonable price. Especially for an ev. Maybe I’m just used to stupidly overpriced evs though.

I’ve considered leasing one, especially with gas about to hit $6/gal out here.

1 Like

I would have been on a EV if I paid that gas price, and since you always work from home no reason to not EV if you ask me. (Ok probably not, as long as slow steep)

1 Like

I’d go for EV if I had the money :frowning:

I rarely drive more than 80 mi/day so I’m well with EV range. I think the most I’ve driven in one day in the past three years was 175 miles, and that wasn’t planned.

Hopefully Toyota actually comes out with a good EV soon like the rumors say. The more the merrier.

Big oof
We’re hovering right around $3 in my area.

3 Likes

Help us Toyota, you’re our only hope.

Seriously though everyone else goes “oh, it’s an ev, let’s do something absolutely fucking retarded just to show how different the vehicle is”

1 Like

no dash screen, have to ask google or siri to do everything

Hey siri whats my battery temp at

1 Like

I would just go buy an old vw at that point.

They already know where i drive my volvo, thanks on-star for making this stupid shit (Pretty sure they were OG thing)

1 Like

I don’t really care about that, I don’t want 30 seconds of latency when trying to look at important data.

All they’ll find out is that I rotate through the same 4 or 5 girls, have a favorite grocery store and go to the bar about twice a month.

1 Like

I mean I carry a phone so they kinda already have that, but yeah.

1 Like

I actually read a press release from Toyota after I posted, if I’m reading it right they plan to have 15 EV models (full electric) globally by 2025. The recent concept looks kinda like a Highlander, and there’s also a line about EV pickups.

The Highlander looking thing was apparently developed with Subaru, so I’m hoping that means some Subaru EVs coming soon too.

1 Like

Yeah thats for sure soon, pretty sure i posted that in there

Do you actually think I read things?

/s

Maybe I’ll go EV in 2025, my car will be 12 years old then.

Should be pretty flushed out then

Only issue with that is how cold you guys get