L1's Garage

Normaly most cars i have driven in are about 8km/h to 10km/h off in regards to gps.
Those are a bit the standard margins i think.
Because we are the country of speed camera’s everywhere,
it´s not very common that cars are as accurate as mine.
Except for police vehicles generally.

My previous Seat was off by like 9km/h, but that was on 225 / 40 R17´s
So i always thought i was going fast with that thing.
Although with 172km/h flat out on gps… not really lol :laughing:

And I’ve always considered speed limits to be guidelines.xD

1 Like

True, haha.

Although up here the speed limit is reduced to like 100km/h between 6am till 7pm.
Because the green people… :thinking:

time based speed limits?

wut?

“sorry officer, daylight savings time got me all twisted”

1 Like

Yeah… don’t get me started

1 Like

Hi

New Guy Ian from the UK here my 1986 Mini Project

7 Likes

Well they also announced today that the road tax,
on cars will be raising next year…
So i’m not fully sure for how long i will be able to drive my Volvo still.
I mean they mainly talked about diesel cars.
However i wouldn´t be suprised when the petrol cars are also going to be affected.

ahm yeah it´s trully a thing.
We also have time based overtaking limitations for trucks.

@SgtAwesomesauce

3 Likes

Saw this. Don’t tempt me.

1 Like

Spent my morning doing work on my bike.

Things accomplished today:

• Levers changed
  • Sprockets changed
  • Rear brake pads changed
  • Wheels removed

Things left to do after new tires are installed

• Mount wheels
  • Rivet the chain on
  • Replace brake fluid front/rear
  • Changed plastics (maybe)

Pics of the levers

Old Ebay:

New Vortex:

6 Likes

Tiny update,

Friend that mounts and balances my tires gave me a call said if I don’t need them back right away he’s gonna polish the stains out of the aluminum with some industrial grade cleaner. I said hell yeah, so I’m looking forward to it. If he has any success I should have decent before pictures to post a comparison.

2 Likes

So I took the truck in to a local auto shop to get the transmission fluid changed. The guy asked if it was having issues and I said there’s a little bit of clunky stuff going on, and he basically said if it’s already clunking it’s too late, but they can diagnose before doing the fluids, and they found a TSB for some greasing, which didn’t fix my issue but they didn’t charge for that. But they DID find a huge hole in my rear driver side shock so I got a new pair of rear shocks and no more clunking.

It did fix the clunking issue and it does feel more responsive when driving now. So I was really happy with the results, until I looked up the shocks they put in. They’re Monroe Reflex shocks, which are going for like $50-$60, and they charged me $120 each. Not sure I’ll be going back there. Customer service and everything else was great, and I could understand maybe a little bit of a markup, but wtf.

Also, how does a giant hole appear in the side of a shock absorber?

1 Like

If u live in a area where they salt everything gets ruined by it. Also 20 or 30% markup is normal but double thats kind of messed up.

1 Like

Was wondering if we could get maybe a sxs or off road vehicle category on the vehicles and mobility thread i searched and wasn’t able to find anything. Reply with your sxs or off roader. I love to see how people customize their stuff for what they do.

2 Likes

I’m not currently into offroading, but I did get this abomination for $260, and through those oversized tires on. Honestly this thing continued to impress me the more time I spent off road with it. It was light weight, and the stick shift moved with no resistances between gears so you could township in an instant.

Thought I was done with offroading, but @Skelterz keeps putting it in my mind. Lol
Might have to pick another offroader up when I get in a bit better position… Unless I want to offroad my Dirtymax. Lul

9 Likes

Yeah got myself some new tires today. :smiley:

Kleber Dynaxer HP4, the most comfy and silent tire i have ever experienced.
They are a sub brand of Michelin.

1 Like