Return to Level1Techs.com

L1's Garage

Ls Master race

The 2JZ might have its stustustus but have you ever heard a destroked LS7? That kitty p̶u̶r̶r̶s̶ ROARS.

1 Like

While I totally agree that Japanese engines in general are more complex than an LS, all of the hard shit comes down to converting the wiring harness and relocating things which will be required either way.

I was thinking amongst the lines of fitting a longer engine into the engine bay and having to re-engineer components like the radiator mounting etc

They fit right in other people have done the swap before.

good to know, trucks have a lotta space in their engine bays.
I’d still go LS before 2JZ tho :stuck_out_tongue:

I have an obsession with DOHC inline engines i couldn’t see myself doing a pushrod V8 like ever lol

1 Like

People must’ve turbo’d or supercharged your engine, how’s the hit to reliability?

I cri every time i remember that jeep abandoned the tornado OHC 230 for the AMC pushrod engine, and this was back in the 50’s! The pushrod engine was sold until the mid 2000’s

1 Like

Makes ass for power cause its nowhere near meant for it but the hit on reliability isnt measurable. Saw a video about a supercharged 2.7 with 600k miles

LS swaps are quite boring to me compared to any other swaps, and given he has a Toyota he’s got a lot of fantastic swap options if he sticks with the brand that I think most people would rather see other than another LS swap

Despite my feelings on LS swapping, I do have a S10 and a LS that will be doing the fusion dance… Eventually.

2 Likes

Who said it’s gotta be an LS1 or LS3? Those are REALLY boring engines. LS7, LS9 etc is where stuff gets interesting. The only Toyota V8 I’m interested in is the one in the LC500, and I doubt it’s cheap even at the junkyard.

1 Like

Forget LS, you gotta go AMG like this gentleman-

1 Like

So it turns out somebody backed into me at some point and cracked my rear bumper cover, but I have no idea when or where :frowning:

There was already some small damage from when my dad backed into my car, but now it’s a very noticeable crack.

That suck man. I’ve noticed 2 very noticeable nicks in my Sparks paint that I have no idea when or were they first appeared. I definitely feel your pain.

Not gonna lie, the more time I’ve spent with my parents’ Kona the more I like it.

An N variant would be so much fun.

2 Likes

People say that, but then no one buys em because they want to buy em used :grimacing:

I just looked at a few of them with my mother yesterday. It’s something she’s considering. She seems to be leaning towards a Mazda CX-3 or CX-30, but we haven’t driven the Kona yet. I was trying to find an Electric one as well, but wasn’t able to.

laughs in spanish