L1 videos YouTube WAY TOO MANY ADS OMGWTF?!

I have a personal policy where I skip any ad over 30 seconds always. The worst are the 1h “ads” that will randomly start playing.

If its under 30sec I let it run since it was the implicit agreement for me to get content without paying.

I convert time to content.

1 Like

Can you sub to more than one channel on FP or is it still you pay per channel you want?

I pay for Nebula which is great, both for discovery and subscriptions.

1 Like

This could also be autonplacement gone crazy.

I don’t know for sure but suspect… The ad choosing algorithms wait for a break in the video, silence or blackness, and then breaks the video for an ad there. If this is what has been happening and not manual placement by editors then it has gotten pretty good at finding the end of a topic sentence or story before scheduling an ad.

It could be that it got a bit more aggressive about the silence and took short pauses between thoughts as a perfect time to pop up an ad. L1 news is kind of broken up speech wise, there are a lot of pauses between stores and thoughts.

Though it could be like YouTube does every so often and changed something, even if only momentarily, you could have been the unlucky one to load a page when the change happened.

This is all a guess on how it works based on what I have seen.

1 Like

UBlock plug in. Removes everything, not only from YT.
I understand they have to get money for their services, but this is beyond any logic…

1 Like

I figured it was a combination of that as well as targeting the session. I feel like I’m seeing this when I pause a video for an extended period (say 5, 10, 15 minutes at a time). Because the video is paused, it seems like the session is still held active with the server. Maybe YT sort of “rubberbands” ad injections to get my session back up to their “ad service level compliance” or whatever?

If you really dislike YouTube that much I would think that supporting a different service makes sense. This is my perspective. Hence why I support L1T on Floatplane

3 Likes

Skip to end of video and click rewatch bam no ads

YouTube is dumb when it comes to content injection

8 Likes

WUT!? Seriously?

Been doing it for a while

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Link

Its now branded YT Premium, whats the average payout on that ? like 100x or more then that

This is pretty op will deff share with people who dont have premium

1 Like

Unfortunately, rewatch is not available on the ChromeTV YT app (Verizon Stream Box).

rip

I use a channel whitelist/autoskip in 5 sec. Doesn’t help with OP’s problem though

Unfortunately no. This has been one of the top requests to google by most Red/Premium/Music users. I would like to set a higher percentage to go to three channels that I watch the most (Level 1, InternetToday, St1ka).

I think the only requirement is to have at least 1K subs and you need to put out a video on average once a week.

The creator can still force Ad rolls if they want to. That would also defeat the perk of “joining” the channel though.

1 Like