L1 Q+A! Ask Us (Almost) Anything

@kreestuh @wendell @ryan - What books do you recommend in the Computing Science, Programming and Business space?

3 Likes

Is there any interest with experimenting or playing around the Plan9 operating system, especially since the source code of earlier versions have been recently released (this week)? Perhaps something with 9P?

Is it true you have a randomly generated multi floor tech dungeon

2 Likes

Why haven’t you made the text box for posts wider on the forum yet. It’s like 3 people sleeping in a twin bed, it’s too small.

If you could not be in the IT\Design Field what would you be doing instead?

If you had to move out of Kentucky were would you go another state or country?

2 Likes

Any hope of home server vGPU virtualization for instances of OS’s to thin clients? Will AMD stay open source and hypervisors provide tools to take advantage of these, IMO, amazing pieces of tech without requiring Enterprise level costs for subscriptions for consumers/Home users?

could you guys get a antique Japanese sword to open boxes with? i think it would be very funny to watch you open up the new ryzen or rtx 7000 series with a 500 year old katana while all the nihonto nerds get really upset. oddly enough it would probably cost less then a medium tier gpu these days and would make good click bait.

1 Like

For Krista: Where would you go for a backpacking trip anywhere in the contiguous US? What national park do you want to visit the most?

For Wendell: You’ve alluded a few times to teaching computer science/electronics to students? What are you teaching them, is it a highschool or community college lab or something?

For Ryan: not a question, but thanks for being such a cynical jackass, it’s pretty much perfect for the news. Not sure I could digest that level of depressing headlines without it.

6 Likes

I want a gpu cut DN HALF

1 Like

forget drop test, LEVEL 2 KATANA TEST!

1 Like

When will the yt wendellbot be fixed and how many interns have worked on it?

1 Like

Don’t forget the option to use both: tabs for indentation and spaces for alignment.

What’s the game plan for Wendell’s home automation? Are Kreestuh or Ryan planning on doing any?

What was the best and worst moments for Wendell in regards to his business?

Best and worst moments being youtubers?

Most memorable fan interaction?

1 Like

Okay, let’s do this … cracks knuckles :

I used to believe tabs were the best way to indicate indentation, and modern editors and IDEs can easily reformat for each user. But I kept running into problems with (older) diff tools, code re-formatters, code-review tools, and with ASCII diagrams in code and RFCs. Since switching to spaces a few years ago, those problems disappeared for me. And modern editors can reformat spaces just as easily as tabs. So I guess I’m a … spaceman. Not a tabby …cat?

3 Likes

Why are most of the news articles shown in your videos obscured by a “Subscribe Now!” page?

Best piece of tech you bought in the last 5 years personally? How about for business use?

Best piece of non-tech item you bought in the last five years?

1 Like

What are your most cringe inducing, duct tape and bubblegum, fugly, hacks?

Ya know, stuff that’s embarrassing, but works well enough?

1 Like

What was the worst project you have ever worked and why was it the worst?

1 Like

What happened to this project, and when will it archive consciousness and kill us all?

Also what is up with ryan’s four hundred and twenty references, and why does he always try to deflect to kreestuh? He could easily just blamed it on the music he listens to. Also he lives in the middle of nowhere… Do I want to know what grows in ryans garden?
I don’t expect an answer, as it might incriminate the person answering. But sometimes no answer is an answer as well…

Hi Guys, WHEN WILL LEVEL2TECHS RETURN??

1 Like