L1 dual-monitor KVM, 2nd Monitor black on 1 computer only

Hey guys, this is my first post here - thanks in advance for your help. I configured two laptops and other devices with my dual monitor Level 1 KVM switch a few months ago and everything has been working fine until now. I have 2 Windows 10 laptops and 2 identical Dell monitors set to extended display. After several months with no issues, I’m suddenly having trouble with my second monitor displaying when I switch to Laptop 1 - it’s just black, though the power indicator is on. Both monitors display fine when I switch to Laptop 2. There haven’t been any updates, and I have the most recent graphics drivers (roll back is greyed out). Rebooting Laptop 1 doesn’t help. However, if I unplug the power cable from Laptop 1 and plug it back in, everything is fine again. (The power settings are set so that it shouldn’t be going to sleep.) Appreciate any advice you can give - thank you.

Very likely something changed with the ground. Make sure that both laptops are grounded as well as the monitors. Try swapping power cables and power adapters, and also try switching cables.

The other issue might be the cables. Get Accel or Club 3D displayport cables. If you were running on the ragged edge previously, something may have happened to one of the cables or external interference from somewhere may now be filtering into an improperly shielded cable.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.