L1 Displayport KVM switching inputs unexpectedly

I’ve been using the L1 displayport kvm switch quite happily for a few months now. I have the following setup:

1 LG 32" 1440 display
1 Dell 27" 4k display

Displays are both connected with displayport 1.4 cables. I have my desktop (Ryzen 7 Machine with a 6800XT) connected to PC1 (both displays and usb). On PC2 is my work Macbook pro. I don’t have the second Dell display hooked up to the macbook, just the LG one.

Lately I’m having an issue when I’m playing a game on my desktop where after a while without any input from me the KVM will switch over to the second input. It happens even when the macbook is powered off. I haven’t had this occur any other time. I can use the desktop for non-gaming, or the laptop for work, indefinitely without any issue.

Interestingly, it seems to happen when I’m gaming on Linux, but didn’t happen in the past when I was using the same machine running windows to play games.

Any idea what might cause this, or if there’s something I can do about my setup to prevent it?

1 Like

Try scroll scroll left Ctrl. Left Ctrl is a leading key like scroll lock and maybe it’s picking that up every now and then in your game confusing the KVm when really you’re just spamming left Ctrl

1 Like

Now that you mention it I do press left ctrl quite a lot in this particular game so it’s very likely. I wondered why the thing beeped every so often when I was playing and now playing around with it a bit I realize it only happens when I press the left ctrl key a bunch of times. Mystery solved, I think?

1 Like

Yep, scroll scroll left Ctrl will disable listening for it

1 Like

Looks like that worked. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.