KVM question for Dual Monitor Setup

Hi guys,

Im looking in to buying a KVM to use with my gaming and my Work laptop and possibly another PC. Right now I use have 2 monitor.

I checked on lvl1 tech site and came across this one but im not sure if it works for a dual monitor setup.

Lvl1Tech # KVM UPGRADE - DISPLAY PORT 1.4 KVM SWITCH - SINGLE MONITOR 4-PORTS TO DISPLAY PORT 1.4 KVM SWITCH - DUAL MONITOR 4-PORTS (can put link =/)

My PC does have DPP 1.4 (rtx 3070) and laptop has USB type C which i belive can be adapted to DPP in some capacity. Can someone let me know if this works for me , or a model the does

Any questions please let me know =)

Thank you

I think those “Upgrade” options are for folks that already have an order in the backlog and wanted to upgrade their order.

What monitors are you using? Generally speaking a dual monitor KVM should work fine for a pair of identical monitors but if you have one old 60Hz panel and a newer panel with gsynch or freesynch etc it may be more limited.

If you can post more details the community may be able to give you some suggestions

I’ve been following the development of a KVM project for a couple months now, the fellow behind it has written all the code and is putting the hardware solution together - which should be available soon. He’s also recently gotten all the parts for, I think, 200 units. In any case, it will leverage the Raspberry Pi platform and should be far less expensive than some other solutions; I’ve got my name in on a waiting list for it (v3). You might want to look on github as pikvm/pikvm to see if it would be of interest to you. (not sure it will support two monitors)

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.