KVM DSC displayport 1.4

Hi,

I’m sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place.

I’m just wondering if the levelonetechs 1.4 kvm is compatible with 4k 144hz? I know the site says:

“* Note: Monitors like Acer CG9 which are 4k/144hz will also work as they use display stream compression (DSC) to use less than the with DisplayPort 1.4 bandwidth ceiling.”

However I require 5ft+ cables to and from the KVM. I would like to be able to connect my 4k144hz lg 27gn950-b to this device without issues.

If there is signal loss, could a displayport repeater solve that issue?

I recently purchased a connectpro 1.4 kvm and it had trouble even doing 4k120hz without constantly flickering, and a repeater/shorter cables did not solve that issue.

Bonus question, if I had 2 monitors connected to this kvm, and wanted to convert that to a single port on my computer using a 1.4 to 1.2 displayport MST hub would that work?

Also, would using this kvm with a displayport to HDMI active converter work?

I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this.

I am using two 6 foot cables with the acercg9 but it took several tries before I found some club3d cables that would work. Cabling makes all the difference in the world. More than 3/4 of the “8k” cables I’ve tested from amazon are not up to the task of 4k/60. DSC makes it “worse” than uncompressed in some ways in that small noise on the wire = big error because of the compression.

not recommended for DP1.4 but possibly? The repeaters for DP1.4 that I’ve tested aren’t great. Our repeater for DP1.2 is fabulous. CableMatters has a decent DP1.2 repeater.

The cablematters DP1.4 → 3x DP1.2 is amazing. it has display stream compression. It is glorious. I use that with the dual monitor KVM and it works fine.

1 Like