KVM cables ok?

i started to have some odd issues with the Corsair K100 Keyboard as of late. Everything else works great. I did a bunch of reading on this on the forum and outside forum around BIOS mode on/off…etc as well.

Seems i am unable to get both KVM Hotkeys and media keys to work on the keyboard at the same time. I tried various combinations of ports, BIOS on/off to no avail. It seems i can have either KVM hotkeys OR media keys, but not both on at the same time. I seen another post on the forum about this, but no resolution. Curious if anyone has anything on this before i give up on this keyboard ? I am currently using a HyperX Elite 2 and everything works like a champ ! just not the K100.

I know there are issues with this keyboard based on what i am reading in the FAQ. Is it best to write this keyboard off and get another brand ? or stick it out and troubleshoot ? honestly, i really dont care, i am more than willing to ditch the K100 and go with another brand, just curious on anyones thoughts on this ?

This is probably because of Corsair’s proprietary keyboard firmware. Enabling it breaks HID specifications, which the KVM hotkeys rely on. Having it disabled, removes their special sauce buttons. I highly doubt both can be on and working at the same time.

Lmk who you go with, if we have the keyboard at the office I’ll test if the hotkeys work :+1:

thanks for this. Quick question, If i was going to look for a keyboard that would allow me to use both hotkeys and media keys at the same time, what exactly would i be looking for in a keyboard ? a certain standard ? Reason i ask is, i am looking at the Razer BlackWidow V4 Pro, but not sure if i will be in the same situation as the k100 i already have.

I looked deeper into the HyperX Alloy Elite 2 that i have (that works flawlessly) but was unable to determine by the specs why this particular keyboard works and my Apex Pro and K100 do not. I am trying to avoid buying/trying/buying/trying…etc

thanks

@wendell any knowledge on this/success reports?

Qmk based keyboards are your best bet. Media keys themselves are hid compliant just these gamer keyboards do stuff they dont need to do

You can also use a 4 key macroboard for remote switching and use whatever keyboard you like