Kubuntu 17.10 issues post install

upgraded to kubutnu 17.10 last night and this morning i can report 2 problems

the first is pulse audio crash. the audio section shows no output or input devices available.
running pulseaudio from term shows
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Module “module-switch-on-connect” should be loaded once at most. Refusing to load.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Fail to load daemon.

fix found already, just comment out some lines from the pulseaudio default.pa file. see below:
https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php/72510-No-audio-volume

second issue
keyboard repeat is not working. if i press f and hold i get no other characters, checked the keyboard repeat settings and it shows as on but no dice. this is especially annoying writing as you can’t hold arrow keys to get around.

third issue probably related to second issue.
in vi pressing insert to start editing gives me replace instead but doesn’t show me what mode I am in.

teething pains i guess.

New issue. Stuck in sleep mode with the fans on full. Can’t use the keyboard but touch screen works. Have to wait for it to die to get out of sleep. This is going to be an interesting release

keyboard repeat issue solution

sudo su
echo “blacklist peaq_wmi” >> /etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist.conf
then reboot.

Sounds like some of your hardware isn’t supported. Do you have an acer by chance? They cause issues sometimes.

lenovo yoga 500, yeah seems to be a lenovo issue but now i followed above its all working. untill i find some more issues to post about.