Korean Monitor (All the pixels)?!

Yea im not really noticing much of a frame drop with this thing except for skyrim but that is mainly due to mods and optimization. Also thanks for the heads up with the overclock ill look into it. 

you're running a korean yes?

You know they overclock pretty well?

In the Nvidia contro panel set a cutom resolution (same) but increase the hertz- I can run 96Hz- but if use amd I can hit 113hz before i max out the pixel clock rate.

I just threw this up to 100hz but i was wondering wont that cause the monitor to degrade faster? Sorry i dont know much about overclocking monitors.

as long as the video processing board doesn't heat up too crazy, you'll be fine.  Monitors can't break at all from overclocking, it's just signal transference.  Now the boards on the other hand will heat up more, but as long as they stay cool, overclock should be fine...just like overclocking a computer.  From talks in the OCN forum, nobody had a single problem overclocking for long periods.  I think the oldest documentation is 3 years and still running great.

My monitor is @ 120hz and is running cooler than my asus monitor which is stock clock.

Short answer NO

more complicated answer: Maybe

I know my monitor (Xstar) does get warmer and at low brightness it flickers when at a high refresh-rate.

My X-Star gets some horizontal green line flickers in some games at 120hz, 100hz seems quite stable and have been using it like this for 5 months no hiccups yet.

Thanks guys for the info!

100hz is about as far as i can push mine. 

Sorry for the necro but looking for input and the search function on discourse isnt super.

Im settled on an XSTAR but I'm unsure of whether I should go PLS or AHVA, thoughts? Price difference is negligible. Do some gaming and some photo video work(amateur level). Lots of development.

Backlight bleed pisses me off so minimal there is key.

Which way would those that have them lean?

Depends, AHVA AND PLS are very similar in quality of image. For the most part i prefer AHVA which is what my QNIX is, Basically LG's version of PLS. Though you do slightly get better quality. Backlight bleed is common with Korean monitors, There are some ways to fix it, but you'll have to take it apart and tinker with it. If you check the forums for Korean Monitors, there are a ton of helpful guides on how to go about it.

I got super lucky with mine, but it's really a big improvement going PLS/AHVA from a standard TN Panel which is quite common to find bleed.

Thanks for the input.

My current setup is a Dell ST2210, which I assume is TN (Spec lists it just as TFT) and an LG LED/IPS 22EA53. The Dell is meh, was good when I got it probably 6 years ago. LG is a year or so old, got it for a great price in a sale. Tried to calibrate it with a spyder but still a little dark compared to the Dell and generally. Still a very good panel, use PPro and PS on it and get nice results.

I'm expecting some bleed, but the less the better.

If I like the LG then the AHVA is a decent option so?

PLS Master Race
linus has a good video on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNc2fKuVnGU

Slightly out of date, but linus is rarely wrong.

Mind pretty much made up now. Now time to review my GPU setup ;)

definitely worth it!