Kodi lauches external player on start

I know that the kodi forums would be a better place to get answers for this, and I may try it later but I thought I'd ask here first.

I use MPC-HC as an external player for kodi (windows version) and for some reason when I start kodi it launches MPC after the logo screen but before the main menu. The player closes by itself after a few seconds but it didn't used to do this and I'm not sure how to stop it.

I'm thinking that there might be a video that's supposed to play and that's why it's launching the external player, but I have no idea what it is or if that is even the problem. MPC says that it can't find the video file whatever it is and nothing shows up under recent files.

I'm running kodi 15.2 and the problem could have started when I updated from a previous version but I don't really remember when it started.

Turns out it was a spash video from the skin I am using. I tried to make an exception in the playercorefactory.xml but I couldn't get it to work, so I disabled the video in the skin settings.