Kodi cant find my files?

Hi Guys,

Hvaing an issuie with my Kodi, a whole load of my TVshows and films wont play randomly, the source is definely correct and the formats are fine too… Not sur eif its anything to do with it being on an external drive I occasionally remove? If I remove the file from my libriary then rescan it it works fine. Any ideas? Just dont want to have to keep rescanning things

Q’s

1. Is the drive usb or net share?
  2. what version and hardware for kodi box?
  3. Does rebooting reset the mount points?

Stop removing the drive, make a network share.

I’m aware there are some options within the ‘Media’ settings that change how your library behaves, and when updates and cleanups occur. Not sure if this will help as I haven’t run into your situation as my media are network shares that are up 24/7. Perhaps if it’s set to update on start up if you disable that and only run updates manually it won’t care if the media is connected or not.

1 Like

Just a external 3.5 Hard Drive
Kodi all up to date
Dont think rebooting is reseting the mouting points, it all points to the correct drive when I check :confused:

Thanks for yor help, currenly, is already set up for manual updates to library. Very strange, not sure what casuses the disconects, currently anything I have recently added works fine, but older stuff is not. All file names are the same as when I added them too

Try this:
(olc) Control Panel → Devices Manager
Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Open Properties of each USB Hub → Power Management Tab
Untick “Allow computer to turn off device…”
Apply/OK

Power Settings:
In current scheme go to advanced
Scroll/Expand USB settings and disable selective suspend
Also your main drive never to sleep