Kla3 goes ryzen for his new gamer

Will do! And ye, I snapped up the second because it was only $99 (main one was $400, oof). Listed as “broken” but I’ve gotten it to boot to BIOS with and recognize one CPU, I forget which socket it had to be in though.

I’ll try and muck around with it again this weekend, if I can’t figure out what’s wrong with it then I’ll probably sell them to someone more willing to tinker with them. Then I’ll be stuck with a measly XL-ATX X58 Classified SLI 4-Way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, my Classified SLI 3-Way, and X58 Micro.

(I may or may not have a thing for the Classified line, the mobo in my main rig is also an X99 Classy)

that should be illegal, those go for 499$ here!

i totally agree, calssified series are amazing!

4 x SLI? im interested

Oh yeah, real big boi:

7 full PCIe 2.0 slots, IIRC they run in x16 > x8 > x16 > x8 > x16 > x8 > x16 or something like that if you fill them all. I’d need to look up the breakdown again, but it’s pretty OP. A pain because I don’t have any cases that can fit XL-ATX (or HPTX for that matter with the SR-2s, lol). I have the 4-Way SLI and the 3X SLI, both V1.0s. When I got my 4-way it was brand new, never used (didn’t have the box but the motherboard itself had never been POSTed outside the factory), did have to do the Westmere-EP mod (haven’t done that on the 3X yet) on it but now it runs X56xx lads like a champ. I really can’t push the mobo itself close to its limits since the most powerful cooling solution I’ve used was a custom loop for the CPU, and they redlined CPUs on these with LN2.

Also if you wanna be mad, ree at a friend of mine. He scored his fully working and unproblematic SR-2 for $250. Then had to chop out a bunch of the LianLi case he has it in now to make it fit, lmao.

1 Like

i am kinda mad, so to justify that im gonna post a actual worldrecord i still hold with my SR2, just to feel better about myself!!!

1 Like

pulls proudface

Yoooooooo holy shit you must’ve had incredible bins, only 1.482v for that clock/uncore?

1 Like

some people lap the IHS, i lapped the die itself, hahaha! this record is done on air, with darck rock pro 4`s

1 Like

:eyes:

Also hmmmm how are the DRP4s? I tend to use Noctua stuff, mostly interested in how their mounting mechanism compares to Noctua’s (in my experience it’s been the best one out there).

1 Like

the mountig is horrible, but they cool on pair with the biggest noctua, or atleast its horrible when you have to mount two of the side by side

looks thru phone for pic

1 Like

this is with the 690s installed

Those are only darck rock 4, not pro, sorry haha

2 Likes

Good lord that’s pretty though! If I do decide to keep the SR-2s I gotta track down and HPTX compatible case eventually… :frowning:

Also hehehehe 690s :wink:

1 Like

you should, this is a fractal XL R2 had to cut out some stuff from the cdrom bay to fit the mobo lol

1 Like

Oho tis a Fractal. I have a Define S and Meshify C Mini from them, they’re such damn good cases (the 780s will be stuffed in the Meshify C Mini because I managed to score an EVGA X58 Micro and I’m an idiot).

1 Like

those are such awesome cases, you have alot of cool HW, i like you already

1 Like

I uh may or may not pour basically all my mons into PC hardware lmao. Mostly older stuff because it’s more fun to mess around with. Pretty sure I mentioned it before, but I ran a 2700X for a bit and wasn’t impressed with OCing on it (not the most fun given that the all-core max OC couldn’t match the stock boost). I have gotten to mess with some pretty cool hardware though, I really liked my Vega FE (even though I never pushed it too hard), and I had an 8600K for a bit which was damn good (only lagged behind the SLI 1080s at 1080p, at 1440p and 4K it was ez street).

Built a couple rigs for friends too, either with hardware I bought or already had. Put together a 6700K/R9 290X custom looped rig for a friend around Christmas 2017 (I got a Z170 mobo really cheap and wanted to do a custom looped build and didn’t have anywhere to actually put the rig when it was done so giving it away was a win-win). And then with stuff I mostly had on hand, an mITX rig inside an H200 sporting an R5 1600 and 980 Ti SC. Still kinda sad I gave away my last 980 Ti though, I miss it now :sob:.

Nice! and yes, the 2700x had its faults, especially regarding OC, it was terrible in that department to be honest.

the 8600K is a awesome chip for gaming, i used that in recent build for my little brother, 5ghz all day.

haha, seems like you have a expensive hobby!

i did the same when i was younger, now i have a house and a kid to spend all my money on, lol

lol yeah, I’m on that single life so I have a lot less expenses.

Yee the 8600K is a stellar chip, mine slapped 5Ghz as well and absolutely burned through games. With a GTX 1080 it kept Destiny 2 pinned at 144fps, vs my 2700X that managed 110-120fps most of the time.

Main issue with OCing on the 2700X was PBO. The PBO boost is so aggressive that it already pulls the absolute best out of the chip, you can’t outdo the CPU’s ability to clock itself. In workloads that use all 8c/16t, a manual 4.2-4.25Ghz OC is much better than the stock 3.95Ghz or so all-core boost, but games don’t do that, and being able to put 1-2 cores to 4.35Ghz or higher when needed makes just leaving the boost to do its thing the best option for gaming.

Had a lot more fun when a friend brought in a 2600 the other day, got it to a clean 4Ghz while keeping it below 1.37v or so (it’s on an R5 1600 stock cooler which is actually solid, keeps it under safe max even in Prime95 small FFT). The R5 1600 I had was really nice too, easily hit 4Ghz on just a 120mm AIO. Wouldn’t do 4.1 though, even pushing 1.45v wouldn’t get it past a clean 4. Probably would’ve had more fun with Ryzen if I’d gotten a 2700 instead of a 2700X tbh. It was my plan to use the CH7 when Zen 2 came out, but that took too long and OCing was boring so I hopped back to X58 for a bit (I was mostly playing AC:Odyssey at the time and my 4.5 or so Ghz X5670 kept that at 35-40fps with very very stable frametimes), then jumped to X99 because I scored a B-Stock X99 Classy for $99.

I couldnt sleep last night, i must watercool, cant resist!

1 Like

Oh, Nice job! the 2600 is a awesome chip, is he happy with it?

Oh yeah, it’s a killer chip. He’s mostly doing CS:GO (well actually it’s another friend borrowing it from the other guy until he gets his own rig, probably from NZXT BLD), thus why I bothered to do a quick OC. Runs with a STRIX RX 570 4GB, pretty solid combo for 1080p.

Aaalso I may or may not have lollygagged the whole weekend and didn’t get around to pulling out the SR-2 :frowning_face:

Hit a mental block point because I can’t stuff my 1600W T2 inside a Meshify C Mini without needing to cut out part of the bottom, and the case is brand new. So I can’t run my SLI 780s. No other PSU I have can do over 83.3A on the 12V rail (T2 does 133A specs-wise, according to Tom’s Hardware it’ll do more), and the 780s need 84A (42A each) at a minimum according to the specs. Now I’m contemplating some other choices, should probs make a thread on it in the blog section so I can go over my deliberations without further derailing this thread lmao. But yeah that’s basically why I didn’t pull out the SR-2.