Kiri makes the switch to linux!

Hey! I found PPA for kvantum that is updated recently!

Here is the link if anyone is wondering

PPA for kvantum

2 Likes

Well, im missing my icons right now, but otherwise this is pretty good!

Edit: oh well i was just stupid! :smiley: They’re back now :slight_smile:

not using cinnamon

disgust

one mans trash is another mans treasure i guess

The nice thing about linux is that you don’t like something, someone already made an alternative.

I remember trying gnome, kde, and budgie before settling on gnome with shell extensions that make it look like windows

If you ever decide to switch off of kde, try out gnome with dash to panel, arc menu, and shell tile to get a windows like task bar

Gnome
https://www.gnome.org/getting-gnome/

Dash to panel

How to get gnome to look like windows

I found out that cinnamon is user friendly, but it’s not for people who want’s eyecandy.

Happy to report that xbox one controller works with Proton 4.2.2, but it’s not wireless, still this is big step forward to support controllers in linux!

I found out recently that in Ubuntu 18.04 PS3 controller works without any tinkering, just plug and play. Though steam thinks it is Xbox controller but meh, I can live with that.

If you are talking about in game characters ( like it says pres B for back and there is no B on the controller because its a PS controller ) This is from the game.

1 Like

I have a XBOX one x Bluetooth controller and works perfectly with bluetooth - whole reason I got it.

And here we go! My second system that is in my parents is gonna have linux nowon, but there is a slight catch, since i’m rocking amd gpu, i have to download 19.04 ubuntu. The LTS-release won’t cut it because old kernel, past i had a bad luck upgrading the kernel on LTS-release, so im just gonna install all again. This time i will use cinnamon, because my parents are very familiar with the win9x feel.

I will report later how my journey goes with this machine!

I do hate ms more now, excel things does not always work on libreoffice… Then im the responsible to rant about things that doesnt work.

It could be weak support from LibreOffice too. Let’s not just point fingers at Microsoft for everything that doesn’t work.

Submit a bug report btw.

I sense the right attitude: don’t hate the incompability, hate the proprietaryrilibilityty.

1 Like

Well, after trying out distros, i settled with ubuntu 19.10 and cinnamon desktop.

Here is my current desktop config