Kings vs Icons

I have a 2001 Tacoma and I'm on the fence on getting Kings or Icons, leaning a little towards Kings because the idea of a boaty 'Cadillac' like ride on the street and bottom out resisting off road performance due to the progressive/linear valved shocks sounds very appealing vs. Icon's street car mentality of a digressive valve setup- which sounds ass backwards to me (feeling all the gravel, small stuff, start hitting the bigger stuff and speed and gets too forgiving and hitting the bump stops). I think Icon has been getting a lot of flak for that and their more expensive lineup have a 'bump zone' that increases resistance 20% towards the end of the shock's travel-- but this feature is not available on any of the 1st gen Tacoma sets.

For the price of the King setup, I can get the Icons with the fronts having the CDC adjustment feature. The old sport compact Tein Flex EDFC guy in me geeks out on that, but again, tune-ability of a valving setup I won't like vs. Kings which likely just don't need any tweaking- install and just run the thing.

The truck forum guys are not like sport compact guys that explain in great detail what the feedback of one system is like vs. the other, just a lot of "run Fox bruh!" or "Kings and never looked back!!" But in all of that there have been little nuggets from defectors, those who ran one setup, then another. And youtube seems to show more Toyotas taking some harsh roads aggressively on Kings, not so aggressively on Icons (except Icon promo vids that have uber gucci stage '6+' setups that have custom valving, bump stops, additional shock mounts etc).

So what say you? I'm ready to pull the trigger.