Kingdom Come Deliverance or The Witcher 3?

Which game is a better RPG? I just left Skyrim and looking for a good RPG to play. I left because I’ve realised how terrible the game actually is. I would like to play a true RPG. Also I have no preference. I would like to like in Skyrim to create my own character but I do realise neither of those game allow that. I like both The Witcher 3’s fantasy and KCD’s realistic setting. So, idk. Which one is more worth my money?

All I can say is The Witcher 3 is by far my favorite game. KCD is on my list to buy and play, but the witcher is unbeatable in terms of content quantity&quality. For under 20€ you can get whole shabang and have hundreds of hours of playtime.
However, have you played the first two? If not, the story might not make sense to you.

2 Likes

Witcher 3 is such an immersive and broad game. I have over 300 hours in it and I am still learning things. Plus the two DLC’s are so good that they could have been games in their own right. Blood and Wine is such a complete and enticing story that I wish I could play it again for the first time again.

It really is one of the best games of this generation and is considered a modern classic. One of the best games ever made.

Team Triss.

1 Like

I had the same issue going back to Skyrim this year. After a number of hours installing mods I started playing and realized just how boring it is compare to newer RPGs.

I have picked up Witcher 3, but only played a short while. It seems like the right choice if you want immersion.

1 Like

Yup. I’ve been on this planet for 30 years now and The Witcher 3 is the best that the gaming world has to offer.

3 Likes

In all honesty I couldn’t play through Skyrim more than once. I explored it to some degree in the endgame but it just didn’t do anything to me. What was unnerving the most was the statement “Infinite” or “Never ending quests” which was bullshit, because all that was was “I’m in love with so and so, can you please take these flowers to her/him/it,” and “I made this sword, can you take it to the one that ordered it.” and that would be right across the street. Wow, such quest. Much adventure. Endless…

The Witcher 3

The Witcher 3 should be up your alley if you can push past the first few hours of cutscenes bulshit…
Kingdom Come is more of realistic thing but it’s full of quirks and you basically are halted when you reach a mandatory boss fight and you are non combat oriented… I appreciate what they were going for in Kingdom Come, but it completely fails imho… It’s tedious and annoying more than enjoyable…
Anyways, transitioning from Skyrim to Witcher should be much smoother.

PS: gun fact - I don’t like either game…

Somehow I can replay Morrowind without a problem. Skyrim feels like such a waste of time. Just like you said, walk over here and grab something. Everyone felt capable but lazy. Go make the dragonborn do it. Morrowind felt unique and hazardous. Slugs and termite kill you for the first few hours if you aren’t careful.

Morrowind with the graphical overhaul mod is fairly immersive by the way. Doubtful it is Witcher 3 level though.

I Hadn’t played Morrowind or any other Elder Scrolls game, for that matter, before Skyrim, so I can’t comment on the quality, but some of my friends did say the preffered it over Skyrim in any case.

In all fairness, Morrowind is quite an old game and no matter how much you mod it, it’s still quite an old engine.