Kinda new to PC and building my first ever rig (for gaming)

Hi, I would like some help in choosing a good GPU for my build and I don't really know what to look for. But I'll list the parts that I have and hopefully I can get some help. :)

• Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k
  • GPU: Don't really know yet, but considering getting an Asus Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB or an EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2GB
  • RAM: Patriot G2 Series 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB and a Crucial m4 128GB 6Gb/s SSD
  • PSU: LSP 650 Watt Ultra Professional
  • Case: Cooler Master HAF Mid-tower

My main issue is figuring out what graphics card I should and will be able to get. My limit for a graphics card is anything over $300 before shipping. Any help is and will be appreciated. Thanks. :)

GPU: Go for the GTX 660Ti over the 560Ti: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130809 On special at this time

Unless you really want that HAF case, I'd pick another one.. Out of personal preference.. :)

And yeah, what destroyed said. GTX 660ti is a beast for the money

can you give me your overall budget?

I would have to agree with the other bros here and say 660 ti, aslo what cooler did you pick ?

Aftermarket heat sink? I did not purchase one and I do not wish to purchase one since I am not going to be doing any over-clocking on this build. 

Overall budget doesn't really matter. The only budget I have setup for myself is for a video card since they can cost quite a bit and because some of the older (more recent ones) will probably work well. 

get a hd 7870 or a 660ti there is a nice price on a HIS 7870 right now for $220 at newegg but you will miss out on physic x.

Why are you buying a Z68 motherboard and a hyperthreaded CPU if you don't plan on overclocking? If that is the case get a different motherboard and just a normal i5-2500, don't bother with the K edition. But I really would recoment overclocking and if you end up doing it, grab a Cooler Master Hypere 212, amazing cooler and its $30. I've seen i5-2500k's get up to 5.3ghz with that setup.

I'm useless without a overall budget, I make the system balanced and the budget is the backbone to it