Keyboard turns into Shortcut-only Interface for Windows 10

This is the second time it’s happened. I was playing GTA Online and all of the sudden when I want to use my keyboard again ( I play with a controller at the same time) the keyboard is basically just a conduit for a bunch of fucking shortcuts.

Only ever happened after I got my G502 Lightspeed. But I don’t see how that could affect it.

I press “W” and the Pen Mode (or some shit) gets activated. I press “Tab” and all of my windows are shown laid out in small thumbnails on the Desktop and it minimizes whatever I was doing.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!? I never wanted this.

Could something be happening between the Game + Windows 10 + the Logitech KB software ?

I currently use the Microsft Natural KB that has all the multimedia functions but don’t use most of them.

Not sure if even the MS KB software is installed as I don’t use it, I remember having to install it when running Windows 7 and 8/8.1

I’ve not played GTA Online only the local single player game so I can’t say if there is something going on there too especially since the Rockstar launcher has been updated.

Hey @Prenihility, consider updating thread title something more descriptive. Makes easier to others to see what type of problem you have.

1 Like

Set your pc to desktop only and turn off caret crap. Flip off all the extra mouse gestures, signature crap, ect…

What controller? What driver are you using for the controller?

Is sticky keys disable? It sounds like what you are describing is the CTRL ALT and other modifiers being permenantly engaged.

1 Like

It might have something to do with Sticky Keys? Idk. I have “Lock the Sticky Keys Modifier when it’s pressed twice in a row” disabled. But Sticky Keys is always off. :thinking:

I really don’t know what causes this. It’s only happened twice. I was playing Skyrim earlier when it happened and had to CTRL ALT DEL. But I didn’t notice anything.

I never had my controller plugged in. It’s just an XBox One controller. Works great. I just don’t know if it’s part of the problem.

GHub is another thing that’s changed. You can’t use Logitech Gaming Software with the newer Logitech devices. I have my G502 Lightspeed.

@thevillageidiot Could you elaborate more? Desktop mode? Wtf? I sure as shit ain’t on a Tablet. :joy: These settings just kill me.

And just to reiterate, my keyboard basically turns into just Shortcuts only. No matter what key I press, it doesn’t register. If I click into a text field of any kind, I can’t type. Only shortcuts. Some of the ones i’ve picked up are W for minimizing windows. Tab for minimizing current window and showing all open windows in a layout. P is Pen Assignments I believe? It’s really annoying and I have to restart my PC to unfuck everything.

I have had same kind of issues with new installs. I flip all that stuff off and lock it to desktop mode. I believe it is something with the sticky keys. In my case , I just turn all that stuff off and problem solved. Annoying as hell to be in battle and that happens :slight_smile: I do not know what the specific issue is… since I shut it all off. I game in fullscreen and not windowed.

I only see Tablet Mode settings. No Desktop Mode. :thinking:

Tablet mode

When i sign in

use desktop mode

Not a fan of some of the restructuring of the settings.

That and the fact that all these extra " overlay " abilities can only cause chaos from time to time.

Mouse gestures is a whole new level of annoyance.

Ok, I took care of that. If it happens again, i’m gonna be real pissed. I can’t think of anything else I might have to change. And yes! The overlays! They’re annoying as fuck! I like how the system notifies me of certain things like audio device being plugged into a 3.5mil jack, but everything else really, is just annoying.

1 Like

Similar stuff has happened to me before both on Windows and Linux, and it always meant the keyboard was going “rogue” and that it would stop working completely eventually. Hope this isn’t the case for you, as it always sucks to have to buy a new keyboard!

If the behavior persists, the first course of action is to try another keyboard and if that doesn’t solve it… I’m out of ideas, but best of luck to you!

My keyboard’s fine. :thinking: It’s a Windows 10 issue. Well, if it happens again, i’m gonna have to have at it again.

Let me point out to you that windows update may or may not reactivate some of those settings from time to time in relation to those settings.