Keyboard recommendations

They do have some proprietary software, but I used mine for 2 years without installing it and all basic functions plus the pre-made lighting programs do not require the software.

1 Like

Under Linux asking if media keys work its more asking how good your choosen window manager supports it.
Under xfce and my k200 volume, mute and calculator works, I don’t use other ones. But you can assign media keys to programs if yuu need to (sometimes in config file, like volume step was ±5% I changed it to 2 afair)

1 Like

Welp, got the 300TKL, not having the best of time… Asking for help if anybody has similar issues:

After reboot, or shutdown, keyboard doesn’t work until re-plugged into usb port…

I checked in BIOS but can’t find anything related to USB that would indicate something to fix this…
Any good ideas where to start?

MB: Asus x570-e gaming,
Keyboard: Genestis 300 TKL

Asus website is absolute garbage for information. It says nothing helpful.
Some motherboards have extra controllers that add extra USB ports. Have you tried pluging the keyboard to another USB port? It may be that the keyboard is plugged into the extra controller instead of the chipset USB connectivity and that may cause hicups…

Yeah i tried every port i have. Also the ports in front of the case.
I’m

It’s just weird… When i do reboot it doesn’t even show under USB device (under linux or windows) until i reinsert it…

Same thing happens on Asrock z97m formula and on my laptop (Thinkpad t540p)… this is… weird… :slight_smile:

It also seems like KB has some sort of boot time delay. I could live with that if would only have to find another KB for entering bios… :slight_smile:

Update to this:
Manufacturer of Thor 300 TKL, has no idea what’s wrong, so i’ll return the KB.

Shame, i really like the weight and size of the KB (would like some clicky instead of this switched, but for 40€ there’s not much choice :slight_smile: …)

So i’m again searching on the market for cheap TKL mechanical KB with ISO enter…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.