Keyboard on Wake

I’d appreciate any help further diagnosing an issue I’m having with my laptop keyboard. Periodically (making it hard to reproduce when I want to troubleshoot) I wake my laptop using the keyboard, but it immediately stops working. A restart always fixes, however triggering one is sometimes annoying as periodically the mouse will seem to be off too. What is weird and makes me think it’s the linux side of things and not hardware is that I never had these issues when I ran windows on the laptop, and I also am waking the screen using the keyboard and I even can force a power cycle by holding the power button, but a short press does nothing.

The only thing I’ve also noticed that I think might make a difference is if I’m unplugging or replugging it at some point in the process of it being asleep. I believe that makes it more frequent. So perhaps some power saving issue? However not too much shows up when I’ve tried to figure it out before. The keys for some reason all show as some unregistered key on keypress when I’ve tried to diagnose using libinput, which I could only get to by plugging in another keyboard.

I appreciate any help as this is a side of things I’m not too familiar with.

Relevant system info:
Manufacturer: Acer
Product Name: Swift SF314-51
Kernel: 5.6.5-3-MANJARO x86_64