Keyboard macros in linux WITHOUT need of software

Well I boot into my Windows 10 pro 64 bit install when I want to watch xfinity tv shows on their website ( House md for example…Mountain Men. etc) because dumbass CONcast refuses to let me do so regardless of the internet browser I try , which makes no sense because it’s based upon the browser being compatible and allowing…* almost barfs*…flash.

The distro or operating system type shouldn’t matter, but to them morons it does and I have yet to figure out a work around for that to be able to watch it on Linux.

Other than my old retail warcraft III roc and tft discs, EA Origin launcher for crysis 3 ( until gog.com gets that game in stock), and this g keys deal, I can go 100% linux and leave windows to rot right now as I’d like to.

Until then, when I don’t want to watch xfinitytv.com and not playing crysis 3, I’m booted into Mint 19 cinnamon more these days.

Na my complain is that I can’t get the g1 through g6 keys to register as anything other than the numpad 1 through 6 ( with numlock turned on obvious) keys.

All good vibes meant but I couldn’t care any less if I had software to do what I want to do or if it’s built into the keyboard’s “memory” which I honestly would prefer a keyboard like that anyways to make it operating system environment agnostic/ not reliant.

How? I googled that and came up empty except for the Arch instructions which I tried many times but just can’t get it to work.

I noticed this channel uploading a video today with Wendell talking about an EVGA z20 keyboard Let's Look At: EVGA Z20 Keyboard & X17 Mouse! - YouTube where at around 4:24 to 4:34 Wendell says " You can actually record macros in the keyboard, and once they’re in the keyboard, you no longer need the software"

I’m guessing Wendell meant I still would need to connect this to a Windows PC, record whatever macros I wanted to, confirm they work and then I could connect this keyboard to a Linux based PC and those same buttons/macros would just work?

I wish i could do this with my Logitech g710+ but I don’t think it worked and I think it required the Logitech software running in order for the g1 through g6 keys to do what I recorded them to do ( such as g1 launching the internet browser, g2 for Foobarnix, g3 for makemkv. etc)

Someone correct me if I’m wrong about any of this.