Kernel 5.4.10 Boot Problems on openSUSE Tumbleweed

Hello, as a bit of background I’m currently running openSUSE Tumbleweed on my Ryzen 7 3700X desktop machine with an RX Vega 56 GPU running the latest UEFI bios from AsRock on the X570 Taichi. Everything has been great up until I upgraded to the latest Tumbleweed snapshot offering Kernel 5.4.10 as well as some firmware upgrades for amdgpu as well as amd-ucode. Since this snapshot update, booting Kernel 5.4.10 causes my system to lock up before showing the Tumbleweed boot up screen. Debugging shows that my system gets stuck at:
fb0: switching to amdgpudrmfb from EFI VGA
As if the kernel has some sort of problem handing off the video card to AMDGPU from the EFI on boot up since my HDD light will continue to flash on my case for a few seconds as it would booting up to the login screen.

Booting the previous Kernel however (5.4.7) works completely fine and games run quite well. I’ve tried resetting my UEFI bios, restoring my system via. snapper to a previous state then running zypper dup afterwards, and even switching back from a Vega 64 bios to the stock Vega 56 vBios on my GPU with no success. I’m not sure if this is a firmware problem or a Kernel problem as Kernel 5.5-rc7 does not boot either on my machine. Any ideas?

Best,
Aaron

Looks like I was able to solve my own problem by reverting my system to the oldest BTRFS snapshot I had (Dec 9, 2019 …ouch) and doing a zypper dup from there which worked successfully. Still not sure what would’ve changed to cause my system not to show a proper display on boot up after a kernel update, but thank god for snapper.