Kept out of the press: the evil behind MS-Windows 10's "security features"

I wonder if you can do this in PXE...

Probably not due to it being pre authentication.

Read this page, it helps explain a few things. To be fair to the authors of bitlocker it does say that a 2FA process should be used if your machine needs to be properly secured. That would need you to unlock the drive before an unattended update could work...

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/cc732774.aspx

I still UAC even when at admin level and a regular account when i am just basically using my pc . But I do spend most my time modding ten to something i can live with :( Fair enough that anything can deployed badly.

No, linux will never compete with products because it's not a product. Those that are left behind are left behind, that's just the way everything always goes. I don't care about software console users, they can pay for their ignorance, that's part of the economy. I do care about service providers that I depend on to not use malware. Would I go to a doctor that uses Windows? Not a chance in hell! Would I go to a lawyer that uses Mac of Windows? Dito! Because they don't take their jobs seriously, period! It's like going to a lawyer who blabs about his files to his wife who goes to the hairdresser every week. Same thing, except even more vicious, because at least his wife has at least half a brain, Microsoft doesn't, and maybe his wife has half a conscience, Microsoft doesn't. I don't work with people that don't use open source if those people handle designs or business documents of mine, or if those people have personal data of mine. Because if they're not on open source, they're not capable in their jobs, because they obviously are dumb and don't care about their clients.
That might seem like an extreme viewpoint, but it isn't for anyone who knows a minimum about software, and a lot of people feel this way, and it's a huge factor in business, even big insurance companies etc are switching to open source just because major clients require that, and it often means that they have to invest hugely in custom software because their risk analysis software is proprietary and only runs on proprietary software consoles. SAP is such a big company, yet they have more problems every day because they don't support open source.
What does that 2% in the Steam hardware stats even mean in the real world, in business? It means nothing, you could just a swell make any random number up. The reality is the open source has a future, closed source doesn't.

You start by saying that you don't care if Linux can't compete with mainstream software, go on to say that you wouldn't trust mainstream people that use use mainstream software and conclude by once again saying that you don't care about the market share of free software. Do you not see the problem with your reasoning?

My point is that if no one makes a version Linux into a mainstream, viable product then normal people aren't going to adopt it. If we want Linux to spread and be adopted by lawyers and doctors and bankers we need to increase market share and in-order to do that we need someone to find a way to make it work for the normies. I see where you're coming from with this whole linux is a tool thing and I agree with you but it only works for people like us, not your everyday man.

Does Hank Hill look like he knows what a Linux is? He just wants a picture of a goddamn hot dog. He doesn't have to know what a windows is or how it works inorder to get a picture of a hot dog but everyone that uses linux knows more or less how shit works and has to know how it works inorder to use it.

Linux is not a product!!!!!!!!! Who cares about consumers except those that sell products...
Linux is a tool, the service providers should use it because they should use tools to provide services instead of flawed consumer products that endanger their customers.
It's super logical and consequent.
You still don't understand the fact that there is no comparison, no competition between commercial software consoles and serious open source operating systems, because the first are consumer products, whereby the consumer is actually the product, but that's another thing, and the second are serious tools, that can also be used to make and sell products and services responsibly. Products that are made to turn the users into products can't be used to seriously and responsibly make products and provide services, because they are not tools. People that confuse products and tools should not be trusted to provide important services.

Of course it is. It's a product of labor of thousands of people, some of them sponsored or employed by major corporations. They produce Linux which makes it a product. Basic morphology, man. If you're trying to imply that being a "product" is somehow bad, you're barking at the wrong tree, because everything around you technically is a product, Including yourself.