Keep any eye out for this user

If I have the power to suspend or ban a user, that'll be cool. But I had to do it in retaliation.

But anyway, here's the user: http://teksyndicate.com/users/bassfire

Annnnnd the original PM (If you have children around, send them away):

I'm writing to you to inform you that, for closing the Pic War thread which I
revived, you are an asshole. You will either re-open the thread for all to
enjoy, or will be publicly known as an asshole. There was no good reason to
close the thread. It was unsuccessful a year ago when the original author
started it, but I opened it back up and got many people into it. The thread
was well enough alive, and it should be open.

That is all.

IMO, not a good way to talk to a mod like that, don't you think? This kid might need a warning. I've closed the thread for one reason. No need to bump it up. All users have the power to create one. Even spambots can.

Don't you opening it as in "bumping" it? I can't recall if I've closed this thread before. Can anyone look into this?

I don't have the power ban either, which I'm fine with. Although I feel the need to be able to lock topics or edit comments at some point because I often enough see spam or comments in other forum posts like this. That "Report As Spam" concept should be made for permitted authors. Otherwise, yes, he shouldn't be talking this way to anyone. And a Pic War thread in my opinion is dumb anyway, the community RTW/TS created should be smarter than this. I feel sometimes as if we're letting things slide a little too often.

The Pic War dates way back since the 1st site. I do think that the section is biased and we should be the community that has alot of "facilities" to play around. But as said before, the guys behind the site lacks the time and people to rebuild the site. So the plans are not ditched. There should be some sort of community input on what the "final" site should look like and what it should have.

I wouldn't ban someone over a (not very nasty) PM, seems like a dick move. He can have his opinion but if you want to be more mature you can respond kindly and clearly - even though you don't have to. What was your reason for closing said thread btw? (I've never looked at it)

This is a civil issue between you and Bassfire. Nothing of which he has done to be banned or even get a warning. I can see why he'd be a little irritated about the thread closing (which we don't know why you closed it other than it was old) and yes he could have been nicer in his response and just created a new one.

Publicizing his PM to try to bring others against him isn't exactly smart, nor is it going to be effective since like I said before, this is a civil issue between you and him and you should keep it that way unless he really starts going against the rules of the site.

I'd say you both reacted incorrectly to the situation at hand and both could have been more mature.

The thread was about a year old. No user would be that dumb to bump into it, Everyone has a right to create their own thread, as long as it within the rules (which is meant to be on the forum and not elsewhere on the site; have not seen this before). I do recall that bumping into an old thread does have some sort of disadvantages to the server having to reload or something that's costly intensive. One person told me that a forum site closes a thread automatically if it's left for dead for 3 months. So here is one suggestion, whenever our site grows into a big kahuna.

And as for that user, if I have the power to give formal warnings to him, I would take a better approach to him, but at this state, my mind could not better react. Remember, not all mods are that reflective when they're about to deal with huge amount of users for the first time (I'm taking about other forum sites). Everyone has to learn day by day

Thanks alot and let's just hope that most of us are cool on that.

Oh and while I'm on this power nonsense, I know this will take a while but would there be any chance if us, mods, would have the power to ban users, like this spambot for example? Or do we but the option is hidden somewhere?

Any mods need to ban spambots, private message me. I blocked the one spambot. I have been doing a lot of banning on my own, but missed this thread (oops, sorry). There are two tools we have at our disposal.. bannination (email tied to the account can never be used on the site or any connected sites we do in the future again) and something else which I guess I will call banhammeration. Banhammeration means I also block IPs. I am correlating IPs to user accounts but so far I seem to be the most abusive person in terms of creating a zillion accounts for myself. We will ban by IP if we have to, and I determine the IP is not a dynamic IP. Logan is busy, but if things get out of hand or urgent stuff is needed just PM me using the contact form on my user account. Thanks.