KB shortcuts not working correctly in Anydesk using Tumbleweed

I posted on the OpenSUSE forum already but if somebody can help, here is my post from there -

Hi guys a few months back ( in December ) after an update on tumbleweed the keyboard shortcuts stopped working correctly for AnyDesk. I had another computer with Leap 15 where everything worked perfectly, that’s why I know it is something about Tumbleweed. So I used that computer until now. The bug is still persistent and I would like to find a fix.

The problem is - when I use a modifier key it works only for the first symbol I press and for just a millisecond.

Example - I want to copy a line of text and paste it in 2 other places. I would go Ctrl+C for copy and Ctrl+V for paste however if I don’t press both buttons at the same time it wont work. So if I hold Ctrl and press C after 1 sec of holding, it wont work. If I press Ctrl and at the same time C it works. The infuriating part is if I press them at the same time and the command doesn’t work I am replacing an important text with the letter C, and it gets only harder when I try to use Ctrl+Z for undo and it types Z instead.

My computer info -
Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20190215
KDE Plasma Version: 5.15.0
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.55.0
Qt Version: 5.12.0
Kernel Version: 4.20.7-1-default
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 12 × Intel® Core™ i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM

It doesn’t matter to which machine I am connecting the bug is persistent. Any idea how can I try to fix it or at least give me a direction to what to look for ?

Does adding shift in to the sequence make it work?

ctrl + shift + c

ctrl + shift + v

Alternatively, I wonder if you can try to add the copy and paste shortcut for Anydesk under this window.

2 Likes

Nice one @Goalkeeper, you are the best. While this solution does not fix the situation it can be used as a temporary jerryrig.

I made a custom shortcut which will send the command Ctrl+V to the software.

I am still gonna try to fix this though.

1 Like

Did the opensuse forum folks ever get back to you?

Nope. :smiley: I just finished work and checked and you were the only one to give an idea.

1 Like

Leap 15 uses the older KDE Plasma 5.12, doesn’t it? Maybe could be KDE issue with the new version, revolving around klipper.

Hmmm.

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=155990

Yeap, I thought about that too. I just ate and now I will spin a few VM’s to check if it’s kde specific.

Doesn’t seem to be exactly the same case, but we will see there might be a connection.

1 Like

Okay it’s not KDE specific. Tested on Manjaro/Kubuntu and KDE Neon and it works perfectly, so it’s OpenSUSE specific.

1 Like

Hi,
just do this