Just need some feedback. Don't want to waste your time

Hi again.

Yes I know, I've been doing this a lot lately. I always unsure of my choices and I am always needing some feedback. So I'll cut to the chase:

Intel- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3vfG2

AMD- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3vbia

Here they are. What do you think?

Quality parts, balanced build.

It is up to you if you prefer intel or AMD in those two choices, I would get rid of the CD drive unless you just HAD to have it. otherwise, Id get rid of it or swap it out for a blu-ray player.

those Athlons are not easy to come by, at least not here in Canada. I like your parts, they seem well rounded. Nice choice on GPU. Good call on the fm2mobo. Nice parts bud! Personal thing though, not sure if 1x8GB is better than 2x4GB RAM, i feel like the 2X4 option might be better priced.

2x4 is faster, but it is not so much faster that it is worth a price hike. besides, 1x8 sets the OP up for 2x8 later in dual channel.

Both look like decent budget gaming rigs.

It's more or less going to be there for ease of use for things like installing Windows Home & Office and shinanagans like that. I also don't want to go through the hassle of buying a USB drive and then installing windows on that. I feel like I would botch it somewhere in that process.

Damn it guys! You just made it THAT much harder to choose! Why did you have to compliment them both, WHY??

...I'm just kidding! On a more serious note, thanks for all of the replies everyone. It helps me out since now I know I got myself going in the right direction. It is, however, going to be somewhat harder to choose now since I am looking at just these two builds now. I suppose I'm going to have to look at one or two small things when it comes time to buy it all.

I agree with above. Both are decent builds man. You will definitely want to go with 2x4gb ram sticks. I don't think you will be wanting to go up to 16gb on this build.

The AMD build is the better balance system for now, BUT the intel is more upgradable..

When you want to upgrade, you can just throw in an i5 and a new graphics card and it will be like a new system. The AMD won't get much better on the CPU side of things.

Something to think about, but I think you would be happy with either setup.

Ehh, the 1x8GB is just fine. I might add another stick later on down the road if I ever decide to upload videos but it doesn't matter all that much to me.

I do like that about the Intel version. Very nice to have something to look forward to. AMD, as I see it, is the sort of "I want to have this sooner rather than later," build. No one knows when AMD will release the new FM2+ CPUs and we don't know what they'll be either. Intel may be the choice I go with when the time comes to buy it. I certainly will let you guys know first when I get everything!