Just got an iPhone for the first time ever - Custom ringtones, best solution?

There’s always jailbreak. It might seem like a silly answer to a trivial problem but there’s a ton more you can do once it’s done.

I have an old 4s I use for music in my car and I do not need iTunes for it.

What iOS does it have? I remember garage band (free on App Store, made by apple) allows to crop and set as ringtone.

@Eden

Yeah, rationalized it that way, too… Ugh… I can’t remember why iTunes used to tank on my system years ago. I may as well disable automatic updates, no?

It’s iOS 12.

I don’t have auto updates enabled. Whenever I need iTunes I usually update it then do what I needed or wanted

Yes, I posted that several days ago.

/shrug

Anyway, assuming you’re on Win10, I suggest using the windows store version of iTunes. It auto-updates and doesn’t install any random Apple services on your machine as it’s all sandboxed.

2 Likes

I don’t have iTunes on windows, but the two thoughts that came to mind were 1. that was a while ago, software might have improved; 2. is it worth wasting your breath over? You can always uninstall it. I uninstall loads of steam games just to install them a year or so later to play again. it doesn’t really matter that much.

Thats why I was saying just stop fussing over 250mb

You can do it this way via GarageBand

If you don’t mind the data collection there’s gboard which is pretty good on iOS. But has the same problem, keys scale to the size of the screen. won’t really get away from that, same on android.