Just got 8320 and stock voltage is 1.4 @ 3.5 ghz

He has an Asus M5A97 R2.0, I honestly don't think it's his motherboard. I think its the two, weak 18A 12v rails in that PSU he has.

Xsolodolo, I bought the 8120 for the exact same reason you got the 8320. Does where you bought the chip have a 30-day return policy or anything? Because that's what I ended up having to do a bunch of times in order to get a gem of a cpu and it was totally worth it. You could maybe even return it under grounds that it's taking too much voltage depending on the store and who your talking too. Claim heat problems and make a stink about it. Remain calm and in control and you can get a customer service rep to do almost anything... if you get the right one.

Dissentient, keep in mind if you do invest in a decent psu it will probably last your lifetime and you can put it into new builds as you go. Good power will save your compenents from phantom ac signals, cross-talk, audio interference/distortion which can screw you amps and speakers, crashes, surges and the list goes on and at around the 100$ mark  you can save yourself alot of hassle. 

and at around the 100$ mark  you can save yourself alot of hassle. 

It's easy to say when you live in america. What I can buy here around $100 mark is Corsair CX600 and Cooler Master B600. 

The cx600 would still be an upgrade, 40a on 1 rail. But the gs version would be worth the extra money if it is available in your area. Even a used ax version would be a good idea. 

So the processor i got was bad? and is it possible that getting a new power supply will fix it?

thats a possiblilty,His psu is not that great indeed.

i would send back the cpu in the first place, and ask for a new one. if the new one has the same problem, then its probably the psu or the mobo. or both. 4+2 powerphases are still not ideal for OC a powerhungry 8 core cpu. thats why i personaly allways recommend a decent 990FX chipset board for it.

No, sorry the power supply would help Dissentient but in your case you either have to live with it or try and get a new cpu under warranty and hopefully it will be better.