Just dropped a load on two switches

Ordered up two Aruba CX6400 switch chassis each with 48 flex-rate ports (poe+ class 6, 10 meg through 5 gig), 8 SFP56 ports (100 gig), 24 SFP+ ports (1-10gig) and dual 1800 watt PSU

Haven’t ordered anything at this level before, but it was a good deal (more than 60% end of quarter discount), and my core switches were getting a little dated. Original “core” switches were Procurve 5400 zl series.

Always been a fan of HPE ProCurve switches, and enjoyed working with the old ProCurve-OS … These new switches are apparently linux based, with a new OS so it will be interesting to learn something new.

2 Likes

PIcs or it didnt happen /s Will be fun to see your story as it goes on to see if you find out anything interesting.

3 Likes

I did not know that was a kink? /s

What are you using this for? Seems over kill for a home lab.

1 Like

Oh, not for a home lab, but a small enterprise deployment. This is replacing the “core” switches in two data centers.

I will post up some pics when the gear arrives.

2 Likes

Okay, I thought you were trying to make a startup in your garage or something with that kind of hardware.

1 Like

Equipment has started to arrive!

6405 chassis with 2x 1800w supplies installed and one 24x10gb + 4x100gb module

Guts of the SFP+ module

Guts of a 48x 5GB + 4x 100GB module

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.