Just Do It Challenge: Revival Edition

Yo, meant to reply you earlier on.

As a status update to this. As you can imagine, running into quite a few problems (namely on the iscsi side).

1 Like

Let it be known. I partially just did it. Should I write a formal paper?

I make all kinds of stuff… I am multi-faceted, muti-tasking and multi-threaded.

I make PCs and servers 5/7 days a week. Made 6 today in a 4 hour shift, and worked on really nice set of components that a customer fought with (and lost with) where the MOBO wouldn’t power on. I put about an hour into it and it foiled me too…but I think I know what direction to go with it tomorrow. These challenges piss me off but I love it because I learn more every time!

Y’all are a bunch of geeks, and may enjoy what you find at some of the websites I have put together…

ipcyb.org
13eyes.com

The Geek shall inherit the Earth!

1 Like

Alright. I’ll be the first to say that i blew my deadline.

The Music Project is taking WAY longer then expected. Both because i underestimated the work involved in classical composition and because my wife has pushed the whole project back because of other artwork related stuff.
So cross me off that list and feel free to come up with a Badge of Shame For “Just didn’t do it” or such :wink:
I’ll report back once that Project is done though. It’s not cancled, just delayed.

2 Likes

You are the first to say that.
Meanwhile, I gave up on my first attempt!

And I also blew my deadline. Mid September is the new one for me.

2 Likes

If you want a tip. Get a shure 57 mic point it towards your speaker cone. Then adjust as you figure out your sound. And ditch the pro tools.

I’ll do one. Use only icaros desktop for a week.

Edit: HEK the void desktop images finally dropped. So I’ll even do another of use void ppc for… Ehhhhh how about 3 months?

Plan almost done. and i ran out of game time… and that card seems to be capped… oops :smiley:
Probably ordered too many pizzas this month.

the “ruining my life by doing so” part does not seem to happen. Well it’s 2019 after all.

1 Like

This challenge really backfired for me. -_-

How so, did you make a thread about it?

No, let’s just forget about it at this point :smiley:

Ok I failed badly, got overrun by too many things…

Still don’t know how to import a word from a shell command into the buffer in C to make the monospace generator cli friendly

argv?

4 Likes

holy snap that’s it!!! thank you!!!

wil try to put this meme app out this year yet

1 Like

whats the deadline? i finished my thing just got to write it all up and pics and shit

1 Like

one month from when I made this public so September 6th

2 Likes

I finished my project but the trans fluid hasn’t come in yet. They called for mandatory evacuations at the beach so I just left. They won’t let cars across the bridges once the wind picks up and it will probably be a while before the delivery is made.

3 Likes

I guess I met it but I started the ethanol project long before the thread haha… First time I ever wrote on it though… it was good to get it on paper but it needs serious work if I am to make a neat organization of my findings

Then I am about to fail this.
Stuff won’t be in until the 7th

1 Like

At least you tried. I have so much shit IRL I didn’t even attempted this year’s challenge. And I hosted it twice :smile: