Just Do It Challenge: Revival Edition

Is it maybe that it needs to be 1:1 and between those sizes? So 2000x2000 would work too?

1 Like

Perhaps, but it’s a godless world I don’t want to live in. Thank God M$ is capitalizing on their shortcomings.

1 Like

I’ve been working on building a facebook replacement for roughly the last year , though I don’t think that is what you want submitted as it also wouldn’t be done by the deadline…

Maybe I’ll build some python code that allows you to easily go through your downloaded facebook data as they make it pretty cryptic and hard to explore…

thoughts?

2 Likes

I like data wrangler programs, do it!

1 Like

Put me down, I got a homemade networking cupboard to finish!

1 Like

@kewldude007 (One of) My official submission(s)

3 Likes

It looks like I will be doing two FWD transmission removals (one at the junkyard in the rain tomorrow) and one install, so I guess that can be my challenge. I was hoping to pick something less intense, but those were the cards I was dealt. Lucky for me I love the heck out of wrenching on cars, and the rain is way better than croaking in the heat.

Then again, I did once write in my phone “Ace Pick-A-Part, a good place to die” two years ago this August in case I did give up the ghost. 50% off means $66.88 for a trans after taxes!

Edit - Does this have to be something made from scratch? I’m sure I will use/make homemade tools along the way.

2 Likes

no, whole point of the thread is to encourage people to do things, and share it

3 Likes

Awesome. I figured as much, but all of the examples seemed more creative and with life getting flipped upside down on me I’ve had to put off more creative projects for a few weeks.

im a tinker and ive talked about playing with ppc now im doign it made thread … gonna make runescape work on ppc

1 Like

New blog post for the new server in coming.

Then nextcloud installation and setup.

Lots to write about.

2 Likes

Got a new thread with 4 small projects now.
Link

Will be much more fun on each of them.

3 Likes

I guess I could figure out how to do the solo for one of the songs I’m making :thinking:

2 Likes

Just Do it Challenge is going strong,

Classic stress test, stress tested, waiting for launch of wow classic.

Ruining life goal seems still not reachable. waiting for launch.

Read zero books this month…

Linux machine is working awesome.

I’mma go ahead and count this as my [Just Do It Challenge].

In reality, I had put it off for a little while (read two months…) but it’s done now!

1 Like

So, I got a copy of my Facebook Data (and messenger data) and they have made it available in multiple formats.

• HTML
  • JSON

The download for me was roughly 15 gigabytes. This is because I’ve had a Facebook account for over 10 years. The information that they provide to 3rd parties is just insane… surprised there isn’t more outrage about facebook just handing out your contact information to any 3rd party group that asks for it…

But back to the main point of this post, because it is available via JSON it will be pretty damn easy to sort out and build a tool for it.

4 Likes

Finally revamped my website. Just need to setup proper ssl now.

caughs

shamless plug

http://covalent.space

I was dicking around with my nginx conf so its currently down

2 Likes

Need some help?

1 Like

nah I think I got it. Serves me right for trying to roll something out 5 minutes before I had to leave for work.

1 Like

That would be cool, and very helpful for people who are conscious about their privacy.