Just bought an SSD

Just bought a new Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GB SATA III 2.5-Inch 6.0 Gb/s Solid State Drive! It comes with a mounting kit, but that's all. I want to know if there is anything else I will need to mount this properly.

Look forward to your response.

Cheers.

~PhaLanX 

Mounting options for an SSD:

2.5 bay adapter

Velcro

Super glue

But no, there's nothing else you need to know about installing it. Just make sure AHCI is enabled on your motherboard before you install the OS(this is crucial on windows 8).

If you have a 2.5" mounting spot, just screw it in and plug in the cables. SSDs are nice because you don't have to worry as much about breaking any moving parts. I still wouldn't be too rough with it though.

It depends on your case. Most cases now support 2.5 inch SSD drives natively with screws in the same spots as regular Hard Drives. You'll just need the 4 screws, a Sata Data cable that goes to your motherboard, and a Sata Power cable from your power supply. 

PS: HelloMrOwl, WHY WOULD YOU USE VELCRO AND SUPER GLUE! This is madness! MADNESS. (hehe)

Because who ever needs to remove anything ever amirite?

I did have an SSD velcroed to the cable run area of my HAF X though.

Velcro is my preferred method of mounting SSD's.

• Getting rid of cages creates better airflow
  • It's great for small form factor cases that only have a couple bays
  • You can mount them anywhere.
  • Easy removal
  • You can hide them in the back with the cables

What's not to love about that

I have zip tied one to a fan grate once because I didn't have anywhere else to put it. 

My SSD happily sits on DVD drive.

Velcro, double sided tape, or anything really.

Most cases today now have mounting holes for 2.5" drives.

I have the same drive and it works beautifully.

Velcro is a little bit better than double sided tape I learned when I wanted to remove an SSD.