Just bought a G502 Lightspeed

This will be my first gaming mouse. Always been using very Chang Pang, crap wired mice and this marks the first time i’ve ever gotten a “gaming” mouse. I got a great discount on the G502 I couldn’t refuse. So I pulled the trigger on it. I’ve been using the G910 keyboard for 4 years now and absolutely love the thing.

That’s mainly what I want to talk about, custom profiles. So i’m still using Logitech Gaming Software. Apparently it’s turned into something else now? I just want to know how I can save my profiles and merge them into the new software. They show up as XML files? I’m clueless about those and was just wondering what was best practice to save your Logitech gaming profiles.

I had a G502 proteus spectrun as my last mice and i really love it. Although Ive had issues with the mouse switch (left and right click) wearing out faster than i expected.

With that said your mouse can store a certain amount of profiles that can be stored within its ARM CPU brain. My suggestion is unfortunately the way i use. Set it once (in windows) save it to a profile and forget it. After its saved to the mouse, switching computers its plugged into is supposed to preserve its profile.

Heh, Linus said the G502 might be the last mouse you ever buy. So your left and right clicks wore out? Never heard of that. Damn.

Just the left click was broken, likely from too much FPS and/or Dota 2. I tried buying the right Omron switches but I pretty much ruined the attached PCB because I really dont know how to desolder. In retrospect, I should have hired a more qualified repair person. I just thought I could do it myself. The Omron switches itself is quite cheap bought a pack of 6 from a local provider which I could not verify if it was indeed an authentic Omron switch. Althought it is just technically plastic and copper and should do the trick even if it was counterfeit.

Anyway that was a bit off topic. I am not a proponent of using different profile settings in your mouse because you should have excellent familiarity with your mouse to consistently do flickshots. The only use case of a mouse profiles that I can recall is that if you are switching from a 1080p laptop at work to a high DPI monitor (4k or 1440p) desktop at home.

I don’t plan on dying that soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I can see what he meant. Mice have come very close to perfection these days. But they do wear out. I got me a bunch of Razer Mamba Tournament Edition because for me that is THE mouse. So I don’t need to think about that anymore for the next couple years.

I’m tempted to buy one lately, i had to sell my Model O due to my new pet (a little cat) and i’m shopping for an interesting option.
However it hurts me to pay R$400 on one of those on sale when i can buy the G502 Hero SE for R$200 or the MX518 for R$230.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.