Just another 2950X memory compatibility thread

So far at work, we had 2950X running on X399 Aorus xtreme and that sweet 2933MHz CL14 Flare X 64GB kit. Boss decided it’s time to upgrade to 128GB kit. At first 128GB Flare X kit (1700€) seemed like the obvious choice, but he stumbled upon a good deal on 128GB kit of Ripjaws 4 2800MHz CL15 15-15-35 for just 999€. Both kits are on the mobo QVL. Sure Flare X is better and there’s that AMD-optimized sticker, but this kinda price difference raises some suspicions to say the least. Are we missing out something obvious?

EDIT: G.Skill tech support avoided all my questions regarding the Ripjaws kit and stated - “For the AMD Ryzen platforms, we recommend our “For AMD series”, which includes the FORTIS series, Flare X series and the Trident Z RGB for AMD series. Other memory series may not provide the same level of compatibility.”

Apparently compatibility comes in layers. Our vendor isn’t as forgiving when it comes to return policy and I have no idea whether or not we should risk it with the Ripjaws kit. Any chance I could get an opinion from @wendell ?