JoyCon support in Chrome + Google Stadia = streaming to Switch

So, this is all speculation but I thought that it was weird that Google added JoyCon support and Pro Controller support directly to Chrome. I mean, that’s nice and all, but who in their right mind is going to use JoyCons in Chrome? They are nice and easily transportable but nothing so amazing that I’d carry them around with a gaming laptop or phone per say. Granted, my Switch goes everywhere with me so maybe that’s a compelling argument.

On the other hand, with Google Stadia, it makes much more sense to me to maybe… I don’t know… Support streaming to the platform that has the damn JoyCons?

Switch doesn’t have a browser yet, and while Nintendo has expressed that they don’t want to put a browser on the thing, they have let Google slip by with YouTube support, which while not crazy, emphasizes that the two are willing to work together.

I’m not saying one app and JoyCon support will lead to Chrome support and then Google Stadia, but it seems very likely at this point.

I for one am looking forward to it all…

Hope you all are having a nice day. Those are just my two cents.

So the speculation here is they want to stream their console games to a different console.

It would totally be cool to play Nintendo games on Stadia. Google did say that they wanted Stadia to be cross platform, and to have cross platform progression. So you could pick up where you left off on your Switch, on your Chromebook while you are away from home, for example, and then back again.

2 Likes

If it’s down via Chrome I don’t see why not. Why would Google care what platform they support? I can see how that would work the other way with Nintendo, but certainly not Google.