Joker

So have you seen it? What do you think about it?
NO SPOILERS PLEASE.

I will see it tomorrow. So far really positive feedback from the critics. Except from Movie Bob, but I disagree with that guy about almost every movie, so…

I plan on seeing it tomorrow as well, looks good so far.

A really interesting bit i heard about the music

This is what made me want to see Joker

1 Like

Grew up with the TV series, not planning on watching this one.
Never liked the original joker, I do remember I liked the episodes with Cat Woman. If they just had her and killed off Batman and Robin I would have continued watching :slight_smile:

Going to.see it Thursday. I have also been hearing general good things about it. Though not sure if I can trust reviews anymore for cinema especially, they (critics) highly rate a lot of aweful crap.

1 Like

Wow, just saw it. That erie cello sound permeates the movie and i loved every second of it.

2 Likes

WWWWwwwwooooaaAAAAAaaaaoooowwwWWW…
Damn, this movie is something else…
OK, I have a lot of tiny petty gripes, but overall, the movie is solid 9/10 and there is yet a movie to be a solid 10…
No spoilers, there are a lot of joker moment in there that I just love and there are a lot of off moments, that doesn’t really feel right, but couple hours after seeing it, I kinda love it…

1 Like

Did not get to see it Thursday, will Tuesday. I have been hearing great things from everyone so looking forward to it.

1 Like

Don’t expect too much. It’s drama more than an action or superhero movie or whatever. But yeah, 93 user score on metacritic is something…

1 Like

seems some media types have their panties in a twist over it for a myriad of reasons

2 Likes

Dude, it have 56 metacritic score… Half the critics have issues with this movie…
And it’s stupid. It’s literally a 2 hour drama grounded to the neck in reality. Maybe it made them feel uncomfortable, in which case, GOOD JOB MOVIE, FOR PROPERLY DOING YOUR THING… It is supposed to makes you feel uncomfortable. It’s a great sad drama movie, with the final result being… Well, somebody makes this parallel and I love it…
Batman - bad things happen, he took the good life lessons and turned into a superhero.
Joker - bad things happen, he takes the bad life lessons from his bad life and turns into a supervillain.
Damn, I may go and watch that movie again :smiley:

PS: I just checked, it have risen to 59…

Damn, that is some disconnect between critics and the rest of the world…

4 Likes

it was the same thing with Dave Chappelle’s new comedy special, panned by critics as insensitive and out of touch, beloved by everyone else. I think its the critics who are out of touch.

5 Likes

It is the critics that are out of touch… Joker pretty much killed all records for october movie and is by all accounts a well made movie and a variety of critics have made a pretty good reviews and critiques and videos explaining that. And then there are the people still blaming the movies for mass shootings and what not and if you haven’t seen the movie you may be curios what does that 2 hours drama have to do with mass violence… Well I have seen the movie and I still have no answer for you, but we are still poking that dead horse - is violent media translates to violence in real world. There are total of 4 killings in the entire movie…

1 Like

It was dull and nonsensical. 40+ year old low IQ loser goes viral in the 80’s. How and why doesn’t matter because to question it would be to actually think for a second, and if you think for a second you’ll realize what a turd of a movie this is. It seems like every year there’s at least one of these pretentious Oscar baits that are nothing more than shallow attempts at art. And what the hell is Joker going to do now? Fight Batman when he’s 60+ years old? Bruce Wayne is like 7 years old in the film.

1 Like

Oh please, we all know that the real reason for mass shootings is Marilyn Manson.
Now let’s pray.

I really liked the movie. Everything is terrible and all of it is shot in the most beautiful and classic ways possible. The opening scene with the title shot is one of the best examples.

I still think Ledger is my favorite but that has more to do with where in his life Joker is in The Dark Knight. I just like watching him as the fully formed villain.

2 Likes

Mine too, but this is really interesting look at the character. I don’t really like the fact they gave him a backstory, but on the other hand you never know how much of it is true and how much of it is just his delusions, and somebody pointed out it makes sense that it may be all in his head, considering the last shot in the movie, no spoilers, so it can easily be all imagination and what not…

1 Like

Or lies.

Batman-Joker-Smile-PNG

1 Like

Tmw batman realizes he could just shoot the joker and not deal with his bullshit atymore

1 Like

1 Like

It was OK, but still it does not live up to the hype. :slight_smile:
So I was entertained but less then I hoped for.

2 Likes

Fair enough… The thing is, the more I’m thinking about it - the more I like it…

2 Likes