Joe's (hopefully) awesome gaming PC

I also know the AMD 8000 series is due to come out in the following months and i am pretty sure since the next gen consoles use and AMD APU that games will be optimised for AMD graphics and... dammit there is just too much thought and effort going into this build, it makes my head hurt. 

Well, if you purchase a 7950 with a good cooler, it will compare to an overclocked 770. When the 760 and 7950 are at stock values, they are the same, but the 7950 really destroys the 760 when it is overclocked. Most benchmarks leave the cards at stock value, so this isn't reflected on the majority of websites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmGWyAyO9mc

It even beats the 770 in AMD optimised games. So I definitely recommend the 7950. It's a good card for both 1080p and 1440p. The 760 is the best priced card on the market, and the 7950 is the best all-round card, in my opinion.

760SLI at 144Hz makes perfect sense, because of the lower price of the cards. It will give sufficient performance, I don't think you would need to consider the 7950s. Though, dual 7950s would still be a good choice, I would just go with the lower cost option at 144Hz.

And I hear most of the crossfire issues have been fixed. Nothing you won't encounter with SLI. They both have issues.

Very few games use PhysX, so you wouldn't be missing too much. Though, you can actually use PhysX with AMD. This is because PhysX is part of the game mechanic, not something in the Nvidia tech that only comes with Nvidia cards. You can use your CPU for PhysX. Most people would say that it isn't worth the performance hit, whichever way you utilise PhysX, with your GPU or CPU. AMD have been working on their own version as part of Open CL(?) - I hope that paragraph made sense? It's after 5am here.

Future games will be optimised for AMD, mostly. This includes Battlefield 4, where as Battlefield 3 was optimised for Nvidia. Might be something to think about.

And "RTW Berserker" is my Steam.

It's actaully going to be the 9000 series. 8000 is going straight to OEM. So it all rather depends when you build? I don't think the 9000 series will offer too much that is different from the available options. It's like the Nvidia 700 series. The only truly new card was the 780. Everything else was  rebrand. The 9000 series will be the same with a new top card to compete with the 780/ Titan

Now both you and i say optimized but what do you theorize the FPS benefit will be when using an AMD card on next generation game compared to an Nvidia card. Also, do you think the sli 760s will still run games at max settings 1080p 60+fps next gen?

i have also kicked down to some kingston hyperx blu 16gb which is low profile, (fits with the fan) and has the same performance.

If you want ram that would match your color scheme might i reommend this.  Its fast, lowprofile, with good Cas Latency.  I have this with my Asus MAXIMUS 6 Hero mobo and it looks great.

Just with the sticking to 16Gb it really is overkill I have 8 in my gaming rig and I often feel it's a waste as ive opened multiple high end games at the once and used like a full 5gb unless you're rendering or whatever I can't sunset stand the justification for it

Last day for the sale on the PSU. Better snatch it up.