I've noticed something switching from Win to Linux

If I switched all the computers in the house to Linux, my wife would kill me. There are quite a few programs she uses that only work in Windows, and there are no equivalents in Linux. And trying to get them working in Wine has been a pain in the ass, and I think completely undoable at the moment. They are special programs for her work.

Also, alot of the games I play just don't seem to work on Linux either. So I use Linux for my day to day stuff, but use Windows for my gaming.

But I do have a bit of a guilty conscience about this...

I have been finding myself using Windows more often lately. I get bored, and play some games on Windows, and when I'm done, I get lazy, and just open a browser on Windows and dink around for hours. So for the last 2 weeks or so haven't run linux at all.

I feel so guilty it's pathetic. Haha.

Buy linux games. There is a metric shit ton on steam alone.

What programs do you need to work on wine?

They are proprietary programs for my wife's work. It's something to do with updating the databases at their work, and for training purposes. They had the software tailor made for them. And it only works for versions of windows above Windows Vista.

It does some weird ass test to check Windows version, and will restrict itself from working if lower than Vista. Which, I know if I could get past that it would work perfectly in Wine.

But I don't know how to do that with Linux. Or even if it could be done.