I've got a Aviation YouTube Channel and I need your help!

So if I was to pick the top 5 things in my life I would say they are my family, Aviation, Computers, Videography/Photography, and Video Games. SO, I've been working with a good friend of mine on a Aviation related Youtube Channel called the Aviation Guys. Its been a ton of fun so far! We have a few videos of our flights and a couple different airplanes we've gone flying in.

I wanted to see what you guys though about it and also help me generate some ideas of what people may want to see on the channel. Even if your not into aviation I know you can think of something that your curious about!

Now most important, I've recently entered a contest on another YouTube Channel to win a new Aviation Headset from Bose. They're similar to the headsets we use for gaming, but these guys cost over $1k. I made a video response on Why I Fly to enter. If you could, take some time to watch my video! Views and likes help me out a lot! Also, let me know what you think of my video!

1 Like

When I was a kid used to love jets. My favorites are

The Harrier

And

The Tomcat

I know that superior aircraft exists but this is about favorites not what's "best". I would like to see a variety of content ranging from private citizens playing with kits to badass cutting edge military stuff. I would also like to hear the science behind it and the negative or positive effects that flight is having on society and or the environment. Fair warning: what I like and what everyone else likes are rarely the same thing. It seems like you are going for a warm inviting show (based on the video) check this guy out if you haven't already. I'm not saying to be like him but he lays out some quality guidelines in this video regarding content creators.

Good luck

Awesome stuff man, really enjoyed the story as well haha

Definitely have an interest in aviation and aeronautical engineering so will for sure keep an eye on your channel. Would love to hear about the science/engineering that goes into aircraft and also what goes on during flight.

Good luck with the comp!

Cool vids, I feel jealous, it's been almost 20 years since I last flew at the controls of a light aircraft. I like that you have got the sound capture about right and mix in the music keeping the volume/levels so that ATC and RT can still be heard.

As a wannabe pilot and gamer I do on occasion spend a few hours mucking about in FSX and X-Plane. A tutorial vid on recreating your Grand Canyon flight in either sim would be cool - if you sim that is.

I have a video on my channel of some F18's making their way into our airport. Its no F14 Tomcat, but STILL!

I saw that after I watched the initial vid. Cool stuff. F-18's are awesome! I just like the other two alot. I like that they are kinda like sub par Transformers. I'll check in on your channel periodically. Cheers!

I'm definitely into aviation, play a lot of fsx. Also, I know quite a bit about the 18's as I'm an avionics tech for the Canadian fighter fleet. They're pretty cool jets, though they lose some of their glamour when you're refueling and towing them at -30 c :-D

2 Likes